Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Amie Lynn's Dragon Age: Inquisition Cosplays!


One of the biggest games of the year, Dragon Age: Inquisition, just came out last week. Of course this brings forth all the cosplayers out to make outfits based around the characters. Amie Lynn went the crazy route and didn't make just 1 but 3 cosplays based around the game. For this post I wanted to focus on 2 of them! Vivienne and a Female Varric, both of which look absolutely incredible. Add in the photos she got taken of them and this is truly some of Amie's best work. Vivienne was a collaboration project between her and Maise Designs Seamstress and just take a look at the photo above! I love pretty much everything about this cosplay. From what little I know about the Dragon Age series, Vivienne looks like to be an extremely regal/elegant character. The entire patterning of her dress and raised collar is just so exquisite!

The color scheme of black, gray and white mesh really well together throughout the cosplay. Vivienne's staff and horns look like to be done with the same material though I could be wrong. The headdress which wraps around the horns is also very beautiful! This is definitely the kind of outfit I imagine Amie crafting and I can see that she has an immense love and passion for the Dragon Age series. The photos are just crazy unbelievable as well! Saffels Photography did a beautiful job with the magic effects coming out of the staff.

For Amie's other cosplay Varrick, she had help from some of her friends with constructing this devious hunter. The crossbow looks incredibly badass and I love the leather going across and down her arms. By her photo captions and the look of the characters, I would guess that Varrick is a sort of womanizer of a character. Sly looks and a mischievous personality. The lone dirt mark on Amie's face is an awesome touch. Blue leather also dominates the cosplay. So much about this cosplay I want to get into but I feel like I wouldn't know where else to cover! The crossbow has an incredible finish in terms of the metal parts and paint.  Seriously it looks brand new and ready to take some people out! The leg armor also has an amazing shine to them. Like the photos of Vivienne,  Scott English and Saffels Photography did an amazing job creating them. Amie captures the personalities of these characters so well and this really ups her cosplay game immensely!





All photos taken by Scott English Photography and edited by Saffels Photography!

In addition to Amie's Social Media sites, I include her main website and YouTube page. You can watch behind the scenes videos of her working on these cosplays!
https://www.facebook.com/amiehabit
https://twitter.com/misshabit
http://amielynn.net/
Amie's YouTube Channel

What's Popular?