Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Henchmen Props!

Photo by Larry Alan Photography
Today, I've got another badass cosplayer to share for you guys. Jordan Duncan is based up in Canada though you might know him by his business name/alias Henchmen Props. Much like Bill Doran of Punished Props (who I've featured before), Jordan makes some pretty amazing stuff and also has the skills to back it up with some mind blowing cosplays. He's on the physical fit side which means characters like Kreig the Psycho from Borderlands (above with Jessica Nigri's Mad Moxxi) and Lee Sin from League of Legends are no brainer outfits for him! Some characters Jordan has cosplayed as are gender-bends of females which I'll get into a bit down below. The props created are made from a variety of techniques Jordan has learned and picked up while spending time in this hobby.


JwaiDesign Photography
In terms of gender bends, Jordan's done several including San from Princess Mononoke (along with Lyz Brickley on the left) and Vi's default skin from League of Legends as well. For Vi he also created her signature giant gauntlets which I saw kinda briefly at NYCC this year. Like some others I've shown who were also at NYCC, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself to him so hopefully it won't be long till I see him again! Jordan also did some cel-shading work on his chest for Kreig and it looks absolutely amazing!

All the props and armor for Krieg were done by him and they definitely have that cartoon/cel shaded look to them. The detailing is so well done and even the mask looks badass! Other outfits he's done include the upcoming Arkham Knight character from Batman: Arkham Knight! The photo shoot he did along with Yaya Han's Catwoman and Jessica's Harley Quinn was pretty much perfect! Take a look at some of the other pictures I gathered up for you guys!


Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

Photo by Larry Alan Photography

Photo by Sweet Sensation Photography

Photo by The Art of the Con
I have links to Henchman Props' website and Facebook Page if you guys want to check out more of his work (WHICH YOU SHOULD)!


What's Popular?