Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Photography Spotlight: Darshelle Stevens!

Model: Lyz Brickley
I managed to meet one of my all-time favorite photographers at NYCC this year! If you've been following lots of cosplayers on Social Media, chances are you've seen really incredible photos that involve lots of awesome colors. Darshelle Stevens is based in California and has been doing photography for about 3+ years. While also available for doing weddings, it's her cosplay photos that I enjoy the most. Her work is similar in some aspects to Martin Wong who I featured a long time ago. This is mostly due to all the pretty colors that they both use. What Darshelle also does is add in crazy effects to really make the photos pop! I've got some of my favorite photos she's done so I hope you guys won't mind me gushing over them :).


Cosplayers: Liz Brickley, Jessica Nigri
For example, the photo on the right involves a combination of blue, pink and purple as well as smoke/fog covering Jessica mainly. Adding in her bombs for Ziggs, the picture becomes a crazy photo of two equally insane League of Legends Characters. The colors remind me of cotton candy :D. Each of Darshelle's pictures utilize the colors that are prominent in the cosplayer's outfit. This is shown with Ryan Cryptic's Handsome Jack from Borderlands The PreSequel, or the totally epic gender-bend Sephiroth by Mythic Roots Design and Cosplay!

I should also mention that Darshelle herself is pretty awesome at cosplay! She made an Angel cosplay from Borderlands 2 as part of a special event done by 2K and Gearbox! Paint splatters, snowy fields, cosmic background, all of these can be found in Darshelle's pictures and they're pretty epic! Don't believe me? CHECK THESE OUT :D




Cosplayer: Mythic Roots Design and Cosplay 
Cosplayer: Jordan Duncan
Cosplayer: Lindsay Elyse
Cosplayer: Jessica Nigri
Cosplayer: Jessica Nigri 
Cosplayer: Ryan Cryptic
Darshelle as Angel!
If you want to look at more of Darshelle Steven's work, check out these links!
https://www.facebook.com/Darshelle.Stevens.Photography
http://www.darshellestevensphotography.com/

Also check out her KickStarter she successfully funded! More EPIC PHOTOS :D
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darshellestevens/the-journey-beyond

What's Popular?