Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Leanna Vamp's Lara Croft!


For today I have the last cosplayer I was recommended to check out during NYCC! Her name is LeeAnna Vamp and man is she definitely the mischievous type. One genre she admires is horror so she markets herself as "The Ghoul of Your Dreams" on her Facebook page but she's not limited by that as her only outlet of cosplay! She's done various gender-bends such as Han Solo, Boba Fett alongside of course female versions of Freddy from Nightmare on Elm Street and Ash from Army of Darkness. Today however, I've got LeeAnna as the iconic video game heroine Lara Croft from Tomb Raider! The outfit chosen is I believe from the Tomb Raider movies and Tomb Raider: Underworld (unless that was a movie title in which case I apologize). The outfit is similar to Monika Lee's version yet LeeAnna really shows off her facial expressions here.

The outfit consists of a dark brown tank top and booty shorts. Various straps are shown across the outfit for Lara's necessary equipment including holsters on her legs for the 2 guns you see above! Leather gloves are also present which adds in the badass look that LeeAnna is trying to capture here. Can't forget about the black combat boots too! Yup she definitely looks like someone I would not want to mess with! There's also a backpack shown which is a staple element for Lara. I really like the photo quality of the shots as they give off that Hollywood vibe! Plus she has the perfect hair for Lara! I feel bad that I wasn't able to make time to introduce myself to LeeAnna at NYCC, she was over at the Artist Alley. She's definitely the kind of person who seems to be incredibly sweet! I hope you guys enjoy the pictures below and I plan to feature more of her work! Interview perhaps? We'll have to see :)





Photos by Paolo Cellammare and Felix Mack!

If you want to check out more of LeeAnna Vamp, please look at her FB page :D
https://www.facebook.com/LeeAnnaVamp

What's Popular?