Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplayer Video Interview: Kristen Hughey (Part 1)

Photo by SGH PhotoArt
This past weekend at RI Comic Con I was finally able to interview the beautiful Kristen Hughey! We both have been trying to set this up since Hartford Comic Con but her schedule just got crazy during the summer. I'm happy to say that it was definitely worth the wait as it was a very relaxed interview. Note that it says Part 1 above so there will be a Part 2 with much more detailed questions. These questions are tailored to Kristen's style of cosplay and will definitely include questions involving Pin-Up plus how she feels about being able to connect with her fans. For now I pretty much covered the basic ("staple" questions I guess you could call them) info but the answers were amazing! I truly appreciate Kristen being able to do this for me <3.

Photo by Eye Shutter Photo
Kristen is based in South Carolina and has been cosplaying for
about 2-3 years so far. Since then she's been traveling around showcasing her incredible work. For RI Comic Con she debuted her Pin-Up Captain America which I loved seeing. Having been a fan of her pin-up work for so long, I was totally excited to see it. It took her about 2-3 days to finish both this and her Velma cosplay which she wore on Sunday! She got into cosplay after experiencing it while going to her first convention. Once she made her first outfit, she was hooked!

Mainly Kristen's a gamer and one of her loves is Street Fighter! So much that her favorite cosplays as of right now are her Cammy and Rainbow Mika! Both of those cosplays looked incredible, seeing Cammy in person was so cool! Her family is also into what she does. Even her Mom got into cosplaying this past PAX East as Arctic Warfare Caitlyn from League of Legends. She even plays the game more than Kristen is and that's saying something XD.



Photo by City Light Studio-Sector C
Most days for Kristen pretty much consists of staying inside either playing video games, on the computer or making new cosplays. Just like me, with the addition of school stuff of course :D. Kristen never expected her cosplay to blow up to what it was. She loves going to conventions and seeing the support people give her with visiting her and purchasing prints. Kristen can't really say what her favorite convention is since she loves them all for different reasons. PAX East for the games, Comic Cons for the comics and atmosphere, and small cons like RI Comic Con for its size! I hope you guys enjoy the video and I apologize if it seems hard to hear at some points but you can definitely make out what we're saying!



Check out some of my other personal favorite pictures of Kristen! More will be in Part 2 as well.

Photo by Bryan Humphrey
Photo by Bryan Humphrey
Photo by Eye Shutter Photo
Photo by SGH PhotoArt
I want to thank Kristen so so much for giving me the opportunity to interview her. I can't wait for the other set of questions and I hope you're all excited! Please go check out Kristen Hughey at the following links :D. You're the best Kristen!

Facebook:
Website:

What's Popular?