Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Uncanny Megan is ADORABLE!

Photo by Firecloak
One cosplayer I had the absolute pleasure to finally meet at NYCC was Uncanny Megan! She was working with Artist Scott Blair over down in the Artist Alley. Having been following her work for awhile I was psyched to see which outfit she brought along and those were Phoenix from X-Men and casual on Sunday! If I had to describe her cosplay work it would mostly end up on the side of adorable and SO MUCH CUTENESS AHHH!! I mean just look at her Dark Magician girl above? The pose Megan makes is perfect! Most of her cosplays come from anime and comic books as I feel those are her main outlets to geek over. Megan has been cosplaying for a few years and I want to dive into the various outfits she's done for today. Possible interview in the future? I think she's down for it!!

Photo by Pancheezy, Edited by Firecloak
As you'll see in the photos I have for you guys, Megan's primary loves are with the manga/anime Dragonball and X-Men! Although that hasn't stopped her from cosplaying DC girls like Supergirl and Harley Quinn! On the DBZ side, Megan has done various outfits of Bulma from a casual look to the bunny suit seen on the left! X-Men wise she's done Polaris, various versions of Jean Grey/Phoenix, and even male characters like Nightcrawler! I also recall Megan making a pretty awesome Beast Boy!

When it comes to posing, she really knows the character. Her Bulmas are happy and cheerful, whereas Phoenix looks intimidating. Megan also loves collecting toys and I imagine certain statues have had an impact in cosplay selection. We talked about NYCC exclusives when we saw her on Sunday and she expressed a desire to get an exclusive Vegeta statue from a vendor. She definitely enjoyed seeing the Nightwing statue I got :D

Not only is Megan a fantastic coslpayer, she's also really good at drawing! Seriously, in her spare time, Megan will go out and purchase comics with a plain white cover and draw on them. Afterwards she'll list them on Ebay for those who would be interested and I'll include a link to her site down below if you want to look! Meeting Megan was lots of fun and she was such a sweetheart! I hope I'll get to see her soon, for now enjoy the pictures I have for you guys!

Photo by Dirty South Customs

Photo by Firecloak

Photo by FirstPerson Shooter

Photo by Pancheezy

Be sure to check out Uncanny Megan on the following sites!

What's Popular?