Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kristen Hughey's Cammy!

Photo of DF Imagery
I had the pleasure of seeing Kristen Hughey again at RI Comic Con a few weeks ago and interviewed her (which you can view here!). This got me wanting to show another of her superb cosplays. Looking through her work I thought it would be appropriate to talk about her Cammy from Street Fighter since it's one of the best I've seen! It's also one of the two cosplays I met her in last year (at the same convention too!). Kristen's Cammy is a somewhat simple outfit with a single leotard that looks to be made out of various vinyl/leather like material. It's also in varying shades of green! I'm gonna take a guess and say that Kristen obviously wore tights underneath with those stray green marks running along her legs as well :).

In addition, Kristen has her iconic battle gloves in bright red to match the beret! The gloves look to be done with foam (maybe Worbla?). The beret looks to be definitely soft as well. I love what Kristen did with her hair too, the ponytail reaches down to her bottom area! In the photos I have for you guys, Kristen captures the essence of what Cammy is. That being a tough fighter with hardened poses from the front and behind (especially that since it's what Cammy is known for...butts XD). I loved seeing Kristen again and I hope it won't be long to see her again next year! Hope you guys like the photos! :D

Photo by Bryan Humphrey
Photo by DF Imagery 
Photo by Paul Mrstik Photography
Photo by Snapbot

Be sure to follow Kristen's FB Page for all her awesome cosplay work. Expect pin-up, lots of pin-up!
https://www.facebook.com/KristenHugheyCosplay

What's Popular?