Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Catwoman!

Photo by Photosynthetique
With this feature, I've just about done a showcase for each member of the Gotham City Sirens. Last but certainly not least is an amazing collection of Catwoman cosplayers that I'm a huge fan of. Each cosplayer depicts either one or two versions of the infamous thief. From video games, to certain comic runs, these are some of my favorite iterations of Selina and each girl did an amazing job, I would no doubt love to see these cosplays in person one day! I have 4 cosplayers to show off who you've seen before on here. Let's take a look at this awesomeness shall we?

First up in the above photo is the super sweet Lisa Lou Who! Here she created the Injustice version of Catwoman and debuted it at NYCC a few years back! The combination of the classic jumpsuit with armored pieces really works well and I love the location she used in the photo shoot. Up against a dark brick tiled building really adds the feel of being in Gotham City! My best guess would be that the armor pieces were made with foam and the claws look especially long in this outfit which is fitting! The boots especially make it seem like the kicks can be extra deadly! In addition to this version of Catwoman, Lisa also went with the classic bodysuit route and she looks adorable! The goggles look great here too!

Photo by Photosynthetique

Photo by Player 2 photography




Photo by Kevin Green
Next up is the amazing Yaya Han who also did two versions.  Personally for me I love how her Arkham City suit came out. The patterning Yaya did for the entire cosplay looks so amazing and the poses she makes are definitely perfect for the character. I also have the above picture as a print and Yaya wrote the sweetest thing on it for me. To talk about the Arkham City suit a little more, the lips definitely pop in the pictures and the outfit definitely works for her! Much like Lisa's Injustice pictures, the setting for Yaya's AC outfit give off the dark city setting where you're bound to run into trouble! Though it looks like she can handle herself pretty well down there, I don't know about you guys but that whip looks pretty deadly to me!

From her website, the classic Catwoman suit was done with a base latex body suit and the goggles were re-sculpted. The suit is based off of the design created by artist Adam Hughes (I'm guessing that was the inspiration for Lisa's classic outfit as well). Yaya's Arkham City suit however was done with help from several of her friends with printing out the hexagon pattern that covers the entire suit. The goggles were the same ones used in the other outfit and Yaya sewed everything up to complete it, all in all I freaking love it :D.

Photo by Pink Elephant Photography and Design

Photo by Pink Elephant Photography and Design

Photo by Shiro Ang





Photo by C. Wish Cosplay Photography
Bethany Maddock also makes a super badass Catwoman having also done the Arkham City and Comic versions as well. I love the hair in these shots and Bethany looks beautiful with the poses she makes too! She was able to get some tips from Yaya for the Arkham City suit if I remember correctly when she was making it, and it came out awesome. I love the photo below being in black and white to match the promotional pictures used as the game was nearing it's release. Plus the red visors in the goggles pop immensely. The comic version I also really love as the black shines with being against a white background. They show off Bethany's figure very nicely ^_^. The whip looks great as well!

Photo by C. Wish Cosplay Photography

Photo by Jessica Bartlett

Photo by Jessica Bartlett






Lastly we have Canadian cosplayer Dayna Baby Lou who's as the most recent version of Catwoman. This being her design done for the current New 52 continuity in the comics. The black bodysuit is really shiny in these shots and I love the editing. Dayna really captures the sexy side of Selina in these poses. The goggles are a combination of white frames and yellow visors and they pop even more so agains the black suit. You definitely have to wonder if she's up to know good like how she's posed in the last shot. Dayna is definitely someone I hope to meet one day and this cosplay is one of my favorites she's done!




All photos of Dayna Baby Lou by Edge Photography!

I hope you all enjoyed today's showcase! Below are links where you can find the girls on Facebook and Twitter! :D

Lisa Lou Who:
https://www.facebook.com/LisaLouWhoCosplay
https://twitter.com/ItsLisaLouWho

Yaya Han:
https://www.facebook.com/yayacosplay

Bethany Maddock:
https://www.facebook.com/BLMaddock

Dayna Baby Lou:
https://www.facebook.com/DaynaBabyLouCosplay



What's Popular?