Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Marie Grey's Rule 63 Auron!

Photo by aMiT mUnTaSiR
I had to feature Marie Grey's Rule 63 Auron on a basis of several reasons: a) She loves Final Fantasy 10 as much as I do, b) It's PERFECT and c) the finished shots look amazing! I'm hoping to one day to see her in this cosplay cause why not? I love the fabrics she used for the many parts of this cosplay and Marie was so kind enough to let me know how she made certain parts of the outfit. For example, the robe is a suiting material with added leather buckles and straps. The flower trims were placed around the neckline and I really love how it compliments the blue it's laid upon. The obi was done twice with the first version having created with a laid curtain and extra fabric she had. The updated version was done in separate layers!


The bottom can zip up in the back with pinstripes done with a pen! The leotard is a basic dance leotard and the wig was cheap to purchase, Marie just had to add in gray wefts! The sunglasses were also a great find for her. Her boots believe it or not came from her Black Canary cosplay and the sword was commissioned by Assert Revenge! Lastly, the bracers and pauldron was crafted with Worbla :D. I love how the photos came out with Marie doing badass poses with her sword and battle stances. She definitely captures Auron's personality of a stoic/silent badass that can really mess you up if you tick him off! The various settings in them are also fantastic! This cosplay will always be a favorite of Marie's, hope you guys enjoy the photos!

Photo by aMiT mUnTaSiR

Photo by Cozpho Photography

Photo by Dancing Squirrel Photography

Photo by Felix Wong Photography 
Photo by M1photo

What's Popular?