Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lindsay Elyse's Rule 63 Sora!


I loved meeting cosplayer Lindsay Elyse at PAX East this year for several reasons. One is that she's crazy beautiful and I loved talking with her about cosplay and video games along with sharing with her my cosplay progress on Riku's keyblade (which she loved and I can't wait to show her the final product). The other reason is that she loves Kingdom Hearts pretty much the same way I do. Not only do we enjoy the story and characters but the series also led to us discovering the Final Fantasy franchise and subsequently falling in love with that franchise as well. So you can imagine how excited I was to see when Lindsay did a Rule 63 Sora, it just looks so freaking awesome! The fabric and zippers look spot on and the blue tank top fits her so perfectly :D.


It was super sweet of Lindsay to include one of her Sora prints as a freebie for me so I had to draw this cosplay for her as a thank you gift. The keyblade was done with help from Jessica Nigri and I can't tell if it's made out of foam or wood but it's definitely one of those two options. The detailing and paint job on the blade looks awesome just like the Oblivion. The necklace looks super pretty here also. The way Lindsay portrays Sora in the shots is the perfect blend of confidence and of course goofy. I DEFINITELY want to see this in person one day, maybe when I wear Riku so we can match and take badass photos? Pretty please Lindsay? :) Enjoy guys!

All photos by Adam Patrick Murray (you rock man!)





What's Popular?