Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Soundtrack Review: Starbomb


Starbomb is a newly released comedy album from the band Starbomb. The band consists of the Game Grumps Arin Hanson (known as Egoraptor on the Internet) and Danny Sexbang (of Ninja Sex Party fame). The concept is just basically downright raw and hilarious songs based around classic video games such as Mega Man, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid among others. The setup of each song has Arin doing rap and Danny providing chorus lines with his awesome voice (seriously it's so good).

The total track listing comes out to 13 songs with an Intro and Ending and 11 full songs. Granted each song lasts around 2 minutes but believe me you'll be laughing through most of them and they're incredibly catchy. All of the songs have sexual humor and swearing but that's just one part that makes it so funny. Having listened to the whole album I want to share with you some of my favorite tracks.

"I Choose You to Die" is as Danny puts it "A f***ked up tale of Pokemon gone wrong" involving Ash abusing his team due to boredom after beating the Elite Four. The puns on the Pokemon names such as "crazy motherf***ing Cacturne of events" and "punched him in the Meowth" are clever and the main chorus line is fantastic.

"The Book of Nook" is one that I've recently grown a liking too. The rap segments and overall beat is probably what sells it for me. The premise is basically showing the twisted side of Tom Nook and how he runs the town you move into in Animal Crossing. He definitely doesn't take shit from anybody based on what Arin raps about.

"It's Dangerous To Go Alone" is a cool summertime jam based on The Legend of Zelda where Link is traveling around only to run into the Old Man who just wants some...fun times...hopefully you can see where I'm going with this XD. The flow of the song is awesome and makes you feel like you just wanna kick back and relax.

"The Simple Plot of Final Fantasy 7" comprises of Danny hosting a talk show with game characters describing their plot all of which seem simple until Cloud (played by Arin) comes in and literally describes the entirety of Final Fantasy 7 and everyone in the room is just "totally confused" including Ryu Ninja Gaiden, Glass Joe, Frogger and other classic characters. The bass line is so good guys, SO GOOD.

"Mega Marital Problems" involves Mega Man and his Wife going to Dr. Wily for Marriage Therapy all revolving around poor performance in sex. Just wait till the parts of Danny come in and you can see why I love this song so so much!

"Luigi's Ballad" is literally a ballad involving Luigi wanting to confess his true feelings to Princess Peach only to be interrupted by Mario each time who uses lots of innuendos about his penis such as "the hard salami" and "My Mushroom's now Mega if you know what I mean" which is just hilarious. The twist ending to that song is also priceless.

Like I said all of these songs involve swearing and sexual humor but really that's what makes it so good! Other songs include Metroid, a Rap Battle between Ken and Ryu from Street Fighter, Castlevania, Sonic the Hedgehog (this one's really messed up XD) and Kirby.

Should you Give this a Listen?
Yes. The lyrics while explicit are absolutely hilarious and the beats in all of them are just right. They'll be going around in your head sooner than you think!

What's Popular?