Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Ivy Doomkitty's Marvel Girl!

For today's cosplay feature, I wanted to show one of my favorite cosplayers who I recently started following the later part of last year. This gorgeous lady goes by the name of Ivy Doomkitty. As to where the last name came from I have no idea but that would definitely be something to ask her if I ever had the opportunity to interview her for this blog :D. I'm still regretting not being able to meet her at NYCC largely in part of me being so busy walking around as well as my shyness. In the meantime, there's one outfit I wanted to talk about that definitely looks fantastic on her.


The outfit pictured above is Marvel Girl from X-Men! Marvel Girl for those who don't know is the identity/name Jean Grey took when she started out before she took on the more iconic role of Phoenix. Back to outfit itself, the parts to the outfit include a dark red wig, gloves and a yellow mask made of latex. Note that the mask itself was commissioned by a friend of hers. What I love about Ivy is she truly is comfortable with wearing outfits that I would figure "elitists" would deem not right for her body type which honestly is just wrong to say especially when the cosplay community is supposed to be really welcoming to everyone. The outfit looks amazing on her and definitely brings out her curves which are very attractive!

I'm definitely planning on meeting her at a convention this year and I have no doubt she's an absolute sweetheart in person! Below are other photos of the cosplay and Ivy looks fantastic in each shot. Also one photo shows off her I guess infamous pose showing off her backside to which many fans have deemed Ivy to have "dat ass" XD. Enjoy guys!

All photos taken by Geri Kramer Photography.





What's Popular?