Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Raychul Moore's Natalie Drake

For the 2nd Cosplay Feature this week I have the lovely Raychul Moore. Along with being an awesome video game journalist and running her own little channel on Youtube, she also makes some pretty sweet cosplays! Some of which are Rule 63/genderbent takes on well known male characters such as the one I'm showcasing today. Some of Raychul's favorite games of all time include the Bioshock franchise, God of War, the Mass Effect Trilogy (she loves Kaiden and Garrus!) and most of all the Uncharted games. Raychul loves Uncharted so much that she's deemed protagonist Nathan Drake to be her ultimate crush/husband. What better way to express her love for Nathan than to put a female spin on him?

Photo by Chanh Tang

This is a fairly simple cosplay that Raychul looks so gorgeous in! I definitely love the wig and how it looks on her. Despite it's simplicity, it's really the poses she makes that define the cosplay for her. Raychul definitely has the style for what makes Nathan Drake (or as she dubbed it Natalie Drake) such a badass character. The outdoor setting is also perfect. She uses a variety of weaponry from pistols to a shotgun and I love the belt buckle! Check out the other pictures I have of her cosplay :)

Photo by Chanh Tang

Photo by Chanh Tang

Photo by James Gilstrap

Photo by James Gilstrap

What's Popular?