Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jessica Nigri Wants to be The Very Best...like No One Ever Was.

Thanks to the title you now have the Pokemon theme song stuck in your head. YOU'RE WELCOME!

If there's one type of cosplay that Jessica Nigri is somewhat known for, it's her awesome (and sometimes hilarious) take on various Pokemon. As of late she's been using lots of left over fabric to create more Pokemon gijinkas which look so freaking cute. She puts it as "trollplay" cause she just doesn't care what other people would think and just wants to have fun which is exactly what her personality is like. Jessica recently made 2 new cosplays so I thought it would be interesting to go through and find old photos on her page of cosplays that Jess made when she was just getting started. I'll include a short description of each outfit. Enjoy guys!


The infamous "Sexy Pikachu" that got Jessica her Internet fame is a classic. Made for her first convention at San Diego Comic Con back in 2011. Black boots with a yellow skirt and top. The tail is made of foam (if memory serves) and the ears look like possibly some kind of fabric stuffed up. Of course you have the brown gloves as well. She looks amazing and I love the poses she did with the photo shoot of this outfit.

Photo by Luke Malone
The next 3 gijinkas Jess made I'm not too entirely sure what the order is in terms of which came first. This one I clearly remember cause of "obvious" reasons ^^. Dragonair consisted of less than what Pikachu was made up of. Blue bra, ears, white gloves, a neck-piece with a blue ball around it and a blue bottom part of a bikini with a giant tail attached to the end (not shown here). I just love her smile in this shot :).

Photo by Luke Malone
Zangoose came next and this gave Jessica a little bit more to work with. There's of course the giant tail in the back alongside a white skirt and top (with added red design just like what is on the Pokemon). White boots with a red trimming near the top and the ears which could be made the same way Pikachu's ears were. The gloves have to be one of my favorite parts of the outfit being a mix or red and white with black on the fingertips to resemble the claws. The make up Jess did is also great!

Photo by Luke Malone
That's Mew guys, no I'm serious. This is arguably one of the cutest takes I've ever seen on Mew and it's just...gahh so cute! All pink everywhere from the ears to the tail and shorts. Also seen are pink wrist bands, fabric wrapped around her legs and a tank top. Her Blonde hair really pops in this shot and again Jess has such a great smile in this one!

Photo by Adam Patrick Murray
Flash forward to now with the start of her "trollplay" gijinkas when in all honestly they look awesome. First up above is Slowking (or would it be Queen?), with a pink dress top and red bra sticking out. Also in this outfit is a vibrant cotton candy pink wig with pink leg stockings. The helmet has to be my favorite part which is made out of possibly clay/mod podge I'm not so sure. Jessica definitely has that innocent look here!
Photo by Adam Patrick Murray
Favorite one to date at this moment. I think it might be because I am in love with the badass/biker look that's shown here. This is Houndoom by the way in case you weren't sure. The bra is really awesome with it's design and little skull button in the middle. Black long pants with a leather jacket and glove. The horns look amazing and the wig is beautiful! It might be the way her hand is on her hair combined with the fact that the jacket is slightly coming off that sells it for me at least and definitely shows Jess being sexy and whatnot :). PLEASE BE A PRINT ONE DAY (getting ahead of myself hehe).

That's all the Pokemon cosplays that Jessica has done at this point. I didn't show her Rule 63 Ash Ketchum cause I wanted to focus on just the Pokemon itself. Also not shown is an old picture I found while going through her pictures on her page. It looked like a closet cosplay/quick outfit of what appeared to be a Victreebell. Kinda cool huh? Apparently she also did a Jolteon cosplay a long time ago which I honestly don't remember but it looks sweet! I hope you guys enjoyed this feature, Jessica did say she was going to make a lot more so there's that to look forward to! ^^


What's Popular?