Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Lisa Lou's Bayonetta!

For today I wanted to feature yet again the awesome cosplay work of Lisa Lou! This time I wanted to talk about one of her recent cosplays that of Bayonetta. This version is the updated look that she's been given as a result of the upcoming game Bayonetta 2 exclusively on the Wii U. I really love how crazy and extravagant this cosplay is (as you'll shortly see below), and I actually didn't know that Lisa was a fan of Bayonetta, granted I'm not since I have no interest in the game but it's still really cool!


Look at those patterns!! Plus I feel that the new hairstyle Bayonetta was given for this outfit looks amazing on her. I'll be as somewhat brief with how she made the cosplay but will include a link to the full write up she did on her deviantArt account :D. The earrings were crafted out of craft foam and the guns (which look so cool) consist of PVC pipes, craft foam for the etchings/details, insulation foam with it all covered with Worbla to make them look sturdy! The jacket consisted of Lisa's own drafted pattern and the things dangling down from it I assume are from craft foam as well.

The catsuit was made from spandex but it's really the photos I love from the photo shoot she had with this cosplay! The poses she makes show off the sassiness that Bayonetta is known for when she's off slaying demons and whatnot. More and more I get super excited that I'll be meeting her at PAX East this year (sorry if I'm repeating myself I'M JUST SO PUMPED). From the eye-wink to the way the glasses look, this cosplay really shows how talented Lisa is at crafting outfits while adding her own slight twist (this case the hair, which is in fact not a wig). I hope you guys enjoy the other photos I have to share!

All Photos by Andrew H Photography






Full cosplay write up can be found here:
http://lisa-lou-who.deviantart.com/art/Bayonetta-2-Cosplay-417401971

What's Popular?