Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Bethany Maddock's Killer Frost

If you've followed her work or checked out the interview I did with her awhile back, then it should be no secret that cosplayer Bethany Maddock absolutely adores Mortal Kombat and anything NetherRealm Studios puts out. Being also a lover of comics, Bethany loved their latest fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us. Wanting to make a cosplay from it once she saw inspiration, she waited until a leak showed up of an image for one of the characters Killer Frost. While I do consider myself knowledgeable in DC Comic lore, Killer Frost was someone I've never heard of neither did Bethany. That didn't stop her from researching it though!

Photo by Al Butler
This cosplay was started after intense marathoning of Justice League Unlimited and she instantly fell in love with the character. The outfit itself was her first real test with the Worbla material (man that's been covered in a lot of cosplay features). I love the detail she put into the breast plate parts and the necklace. The fact that she also went above and beyond with applying make-up/spray to give her body a chilling blue color is something I admire of her immensely for doing. The wig was tweaked with small highlights of light blue to fully capture the essence of Killer Frost.

As you'll see in the other lovely pictures below the patterning on the armor is awesome and I love the poses Bethany makes. Definitely shows beauty with a dash of cold cunning! The blue fabric looks pretty and I lover the fur additions to the ends of the gloves and down near the end of the suit. I definitely should make a note of trying to see her at conventions more as I've only really talked with her once when she was Scorpion at PAX East last year! Enjoy guys :)

Photo by Anna Fischer

Photo by Anna Fischer

Photo by David Ngo

What's Popular?