Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Hoodies by Rarity

Alongside interviews and game reviews I also wrote up two small little articles that showed something cool on the internet that I have either discovered or knew about. This first article being about super amazing hoodies (that I need to buy one of these days) handmade by a very sweet person. Enjoy guys!



Today’s featured products are hoodies. These aren’t just your regular hoodies though. These are handmade by an amazingly talented girl who’s known as Lisa Lou. Known on the Internet and by her shop as Rarity, these hoodies have a certain nerdy side to them. Each of these pays homage to either TV shows or Video Games.s
              For example there are hoodies, which are named for each of the four elements as seen in Avatar: The Last Airbender. The corresponding symbol for each nation/tribe is shown on the shoulder sleeves and the backside. Even Appa is represented in one hoodie. Rarity is also a fan of My Little Pony, as such there are some designed around characters of the show such as Prince Cadence, Trixie and Rainbow Dash.
              Recently, Rarity debuted a set of new hoodies to order and these are especially good looking: Eevee Evolution themed hoodies from Pokemon! As of now this set consists of all the Eevee evolutions up to the recently revealed new one Sylveon from Pokemon X/Y. Each one has distinctive features related to the evolution. For example, Jolteon’s features large ears that extend from the topsides of the hood, Vaporeon’s has fins running alongside the back and Umbreon has the yellow decorations around the jacket much like he does on his body.
              Along with these Eevee hoodies are some inspired by the assassins from, Assassins Creed like Ezio and Altair. Majority of those shown on her store page is indeed My Little Pony, so I’m sure bronies can find something that appeals to them! As for the cost, they range from $130.00 (all the Eevee evolutions) to the most expensive being $170.00, most however fall at the $155.00 price. Now some may find that these are a little bit over-priced, but keep in mind that she runs this business on her own and creates each of them BY HAND! The price most likely is there to cover the cost of materials she uses.

              I can assure you, I definitely plan on getting one when I have the appropriate amount for purchase. As for which one, my personal favorite it is the Jolteon one, those ears are just so epic! For your viewing pleasure I’ve included several pictures of the hoodies so you get a sense on what they look like!


Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony

Water Tribe from Avatar: The Last Airbender

Jolteon Hoodie

If you would like to order one, you can find Rarity’s site here:

What's Popular?