Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Jessica Nigri's Lady Deadpool

Besides cool things I find on the Internet like the hoodies last week, I figured I would feature some cosplayers by focusing on a personal favorite outfit of mine or just ones that catch my interest. So I thought who better than to kick this off than one of my absolute favorite cosplayers :). Enjoy guys!


Well-known Arizona cosplayer Jessica Nigri is recognized for many things. On top of her amazingly good looks and down to earth personality she’s also known for being the Pikachu Girl and as the spokes model for Lollipop Chainsaw. Jessica has a lot of cosplays under her belt, varying from all sorts of nerd media in gaming, comic books, and anime. Well now you can probably add that she likes Chimichangas to the list. Why do you ask? Jessica’s most recent cosplay is a female version of everyone’s favorite Merc-with-a-Mouth Slad---errr Wade Wilson (aka Deadpool).


              So obviously there have been female versions of Deadpool done in the past of course, they’re even recognized in the comics (which I don’t know a lot about since I’m a DC guy), what makes Jessica’s so special? Well besides the fact that she looks amazing in the suit, she also added her own little personal touches to the weapons, giving them a Deadpool flavor. These include the guns being painted with Deadpool’s symbol and words like “bang” along the nose of the rifle. The symbol is also painted on the grenades she has packing with the outfit as well. There’s also a pouch she labeled as a container for “Go-Go Juice”, not sure I want to know what “Go-Go Juice” is but it makes me laugh!
              From the looks of the pictures she posted on Twitter detailing her progress, I can tell you that not only did she have a blast making this, but she also has a love for the mutant (as she does with all her cosplays). There have also been pictures posted of the photo shoot she did in the outfit and staying true to the character these are hilarious. From her spray-painting on a brick wall to her with guns out along with a pack of dynamite in her mouth (I apologize if that sounded wrong). Don’t believe me? Well the pictures are down below for your viewing pleasure!
              I can only imagine what kind of stuff Jessica will get into when she wears this at conventions and if more photo shoots are involved, just what in the world will she be doing in them. All I can say is that Jess wears the outfit proud and if Deadpool were real he would love it too…although he may express it in a more vulgar/outrageous way.







All Photos taken by: Adam Patrick Murray

What's Popular?