Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Game Review: Chompy Chomp Chomp

Chompy Chomp Chomp is a game that’s purely meant for its multiplayer. In fact I see it as the perfect game to break out in the company of friends. Developed by Utopian World of Sandwiches (now there’s a name), Chompy Chomp Chomp is an all-out brawl for up to 4 players. The game consists of a Local Battle mode as well as Online Play. Added in is an options menu with a how to play menu, although this plays through once, when you play for the first time.
              As for gameplay, basically you control one of four cute devil-like creatures that have a craving of eating each other. You choose from various categories of small rectangle maps each with 3 versions.  Underneath you is a target with a certain color that corresponds to another Chompy, which you have to chase after and eat. When you simply walk up to your target, it dies and respawns and you get a point. Sounds simple right? Well the catch is every now and then your target will change in the midst of a match, so there’s a chance that your target could quickly be coming after you instead. When you catch your target, they temporarily leave a puddle of where they were which can serve as a slight slowdown to both yourself and opponents.
              The player with the most points at the end of the time limit wins the game. During a match you also can pick up power ups, which are activated with the A button. These grant numerous effects like a short speed boost, trap someone in a bubble or make the floor slow your opponents down. The music is very techno and quirky which I find highly enjoyable and can make the match intense especially when it speeds up in the final 30 seconds. The graphics are pretty to look at with the vibrant blue, red, purple and orange Chompies running around.
              As I was playing it, the small stage and the way you move reminded me heavily of how the Bomberman games play. Granted I’ve never played those, because they didn’t interest me but from what I’ve seen from those games are very similar, small arena, tight corners and blocks to hide from your opponent. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the developers thought of/were inspired be when creating this game. So who is this game for? Well basically it’s for anyone looking for a party game to pass time with a group of friends. The game goes for 80 Microsoft Points, which not only is cheap, but the perfect price for this game considering what it consists of.  I would definitely pick it up if it were your kind of game.


Lots of madness can happen in a match as seen here by the various puddles.


Typical Stage and how a match is played!

Should you play this game?
Yes if you're looking for a great Multiplayer romp with your friends! 


What's Popular?