Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Convention Flashback: New York Comic Con 2012

In the very first post I had mentioned that one of my hobbies is cosplaying and how I would wear the outfits that I made to various video game and comic conventions. I would discuss and post pictures of my first convention PAX East 2012 but there really isn't much to talk about that I already stated although I did meet Goichi Suda of Suda 51 and most of my pictures are of a particular person...hehe.

However, my 2nd con was New York Comic Con and that is one of the big ones on the East Coast. I traveled with my Dad and we stayed over at a family's house out on Long Island and let's just say that it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.

Not only did I get to see Jessica Nigri for a second time (who happily signed my copy of Lollipop Chainsaw which was the game she promoted/won a contest for), I also met cosplayer Monika Lee, Katie George , and Linda Le (who's known on the internet as Vampy Bit Me) and they were the absolute sweetest people I have ever met! I had also saw cosplayer Destiny Nickelsen but was unable to say hi to her (that all changed at another convention this year)

 I got a good amount of swag and met artists/writers of my favorite comic series at DC such as Francis Manapul (artist and writer of The Flash), Geoff Johns (former writer of Green Lantern now writing Justice League, Aquaman and various others) and Kyle Higgins (writer of Nightwing, sadly I was unable to find him on the day I wore my improved version of him)

Cosplay wise, i debuted John Constantine from series like Hellblazer and Justice League Dark and Nightwing who had been improved to look a bit cleaner. Nightwing was very popular on Saturday as I was asked multiple times for photos and that really made me happy. I also attended the Batman panel and that was awesome especially around the beginning when Batman writer Scott Snyder (who my Dad met and was able to get 2 issues signed by him) opened up the panel with a question, "Avengers vs. X-Men, who wins?" To which the entire room yelled "BATMAN!"

Below I figured I would show my all-time favorite photos from the convention, not everything I promise haha.

On the Floor Saturday as Nightwing

This Phoenix cosplayer loved me saying that I was the only New 52 version of Nightwing she's seen

Fighting a Penguin

Nightwings UNITE

Monika as Rouge and Katie as Black Cat

Me with cosplayers Katie and Monika on Saturday

Met Linda (Vampy Bit Me) and her Arkham City version of Nightwing was BADASS

Jessica as Mad Moxxi from Borderlands 2

Me wearing John Constantine at Jess' signing on Friday which was arguably a super sweet moment for me 

Watching Francis Manapul sketch the inside of his sketchbook I got

Nightwing by Francis Manapul

On Sunday, me rocking a Cherry Sauce t-shirt with Monika in her well known Little Sister cosplay


Jessica and I on Sunday :)

Cosplayer Destiny Nickelsen as a Juliet Starling alt outfit

Geoff Johns and Jim Lee



What's Popular?