Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Convention Flashback: PAX East 2013

Earlier this year I decided to attend PAX East and see if I could have just as much fun as I did the year before. I'll be honest, not really. I'm guessing that's because of who I met that time and it just had such a big impact on me. I did manage to see cosplayers I knew like meeting Bethany Maddock, Nicole Marie Jean and Amie Lynn and they looked absolutely incredible. I also find it funny that most of the game reveals they had I didn't take a personal interest until later. Ducktales Remastered? Shortly afterwards I'm still hoping to play it one day. More recently however I've been excited for Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft which is basically a free-to-play card game online. Usually I don't play card games anymore but watching videos of this? It looks so simple and freaking amazing!!

Here are some pictures I took during the event of not only myself but a bunch of other amazing cosplays I saw while wandering the floor! Oh and I debuted my Shadow the Hedgehog gijinka which did fall apart a bit but since then I fixed him up and he's ready for NYCC 2013 :)

Cosplayers Amie Lynn and Linda Le

Amie Lynn as Female Raiden from Metal Gear

Linda (Vampy) as Female Kratos from God of War

Cosplayers Nicole Marie Jean and Spencer Doe

Nicole as Red Sonja

RAPTOR FACE

Bethany Maddock as Female Scorpion from Mortal Kombat

Me and my awesome friend Casey

Assassin's Creed cosplay 

The Doctor and Chell from Portal

Filddlesticks from League of Legends

Fionna from Adventure Time 
Link from Zelda

Auron from Final Fantasy 10

Legend of Zelda group

What's Popular?