Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Vorian Cosplay's Captain Green Lantern!

Photo by Affliction Photography

If there's one thing you should know about me and cosplay, is that I LOVE a good mashup. So that's what I have for you today thanks to Vorian Cosplay. Initially when looking through his work, he definitely has a connection/affinity to Captain America. So much so that he founded an organization/group that involves cosplayers traveling to hospitals to bring smiles to those currently residing as patients. I'm also taking a wild guess and say that Green Lantern is another character he's fond of, so why not combine the two into one? The result is what I like to call Captain Green Lantern. The main suit derives from Cap's classic uniform but all changed in terms of the color scheme. The white and brown are still present in their usual spots, but green takes up majority of the cosplay.


Photo by Affliction Photography
Brown shoulder straps can be seen in addition to brown pouches placed alongside the waist. The belt itself looks to be part of the suit as a whole. Center stage on the chest is the GL logo surrounded by a star shape in white. Vorian also has brown gloves for hand gear. Black boots make up the footwear too! Perhaps the other big stand out to this mashup is Cap's iconic shield. The colors have been swapped for a full on green shade with an even darker version decorating the center.

Green Lantern's logo is of course visible in white. The amount of detail put into it is just staggering. It really looks like it was made out of adamantium in the finished photos. Then there's also the posing which Vorian excels at. From the salute, to the battle ready stance you can see down below, I can tell he had an awesome time wearing this cosplay. Check out the other pictures I found!

Photo by Steve Sze Photography

Photo by Affliction Photography

Photo by Steve Sze Photography

Vorian has stated that he's hoping to do another version of this cosplay so that's something to look forward to! Plus he's done other outfits from Overwatch, Borderlands and even FFXV! Check out his work on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/voriancosplay/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?