Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Miss Chrissy Lyn's Nightwing

Photo by Ready Productions

Case and point, if anyone has done a Nightwing cosplay then I automatically adore them to bits and pieces! Such is the case with Miss Chrissy Lynn who I found while roaming around social media as usual. Her gender-bend take on the winged wonder was really interesting and so I wanted to take today and talk about it with you guys! There's not really much to mention as the cosplay overall is super simple in the design. If the post today ends up being a little on the short end, I apologize! SO, Chrissy is starting things off with a killer hair design and I truthfully can't tell if that's her own being used or a wig. Curls are a plenty here not to mention the fact that the hair is also dyed blue to match Nightwing's symbol color!

Photo by Morbid B
The mask is super wide and has these interesting raised effects which I assume comes from being attached to the face. Of course with wanting to stay in that blue color scheme, Chrissy has blue lipstick applied as well. As for the bodysuit itself, it's a one piece suit all done in black with Nightwing's symbol in the center! The material looks to be vinyl and it also gives her full arm coverage too!

The symbol meets in the center and travels up the shoulder and fully down the arms. This is how most of Nightwing's designs are. I can definitely recall instances where his logo ends at the shoulders! Prop wise, Chrissy is rocking the signature Escrina sticks that Dick mainly uses for combat. These are fully black in color. For footwear, long black boots with heels can be visible in some of the pictures I found. There's also a black coat used in one of the shots as well! I found that to be an interesting touch to the cosplay. Check out the other pics below!

Photo by Ready Productions

Photo by Ready Productions

You can tell that Chrissy had so much fun wearing this cosplay. Not to mention duo shots with one of her friends as Starfire? YES PLEASE :D. Go visit Chrissy Lynn's work on her Instagram down below!
https://www.instagram.com/misschrissylyn/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr
Nicole Marie Jean

What's Popular?