Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Sami Bess' Bowsette!


While I already shared a Showcase on several cuties as Bowsette (you can read that here!), the meme has continued its dominance in the current months. Many cosplayers are just now finishing their cosplay whether it's due to saving it for Patreon content or wanting to put a spin on it. Sami Bess is one such individual and gosh is her Bowsette stunning! Here, Sami went with the red hair variant and a whole lotta armor! First off, you got what looks to be a one piece black suit in vinyl that serves as the base to the whole outfit. This material is then repeated for leggings and arm sleeves. On each of these pieces is armor done up in Bowser's signature turtle shell pattern. This includes a small breastplate, shoulder pieces and parts to her arms and legs. There's also multiple arm bands with spikes around them.

Sami is also rocking an adorable Bob-omb prop with a lit fuse most likely added in post (the fuse, not the bomb). Some armor also have spikes poking outward, including her shoulders, chest and part of the leg armor. I absolutely love the shading done in-between the green paint. Sami's wig is a bright shade of red which is just lovely! She also has puffy red fuzz that come before the shoulder pieces. Other photos make them look like a separate piece and not part of the wig which is what I originally thought. Some of the shots I picked out are on the lewd angle so the leggings are replaced with fishnets.

I also find the Chain Chomp earrings to be cute as all hell! The Super Crown and horns on top are gorgeously crafted with the former looking like it was done with multiple material types. Back shots of Sami reveal the turtle shell and a tail attached to it near the bottom. Bowsette's shell looks to have been done either with material similar to the armor OR was a repurposed item as I've seen a few cosplayers mess around with a TMNT backpack to create this. The tail also looks like it wasn't done using soft material as that's another element I've seen in other Bowsettes. This is why I love cosplay though, people can have different takes on the same character and still be incredibly faithful to it. Check out these other pics!



Sami is an absolutely gorgeous cosplayer and you guys should totally check out this cutie's work. Can also support her on Patreon if you want!
https://www.patreon.com/SamiBess
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?