Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kira Kelly's Dark Supergirl!

Photo by EMCP

This week is a double dose of DC Comics cosplay! Here, I've got Kira Kelly looking fabulous as the Dark iteration of Supergirl. Overall, the design seems to stem from the New 52 era, mainly with how her cape is put together around the neck. Said cape is of a dark jet black shade with a silver trim around the edge. The inside is dark red. The main suit is a one-piece print in a darker shade of grey with the twisted Superman symbol smack dab in the center of her chest. I'm curious if this was done through Brandon Gilbert or another method. Towards the bottom of the main piece, you have designs to make out the belt which again, is in that black/grey color scheme.

Photo by EMCP
Once the main part of the cosplay ends, you've got what look to be super white leggings to help keep the legs warm. The boots have an opening exposing the kneecaps. Plus, they're also done in a black fabric. Kira's hair is also on point with the cut being super freaking CUTE even if the character is an evil clone of sorts. Some of the shots give off fantastic views of the cosplay as a whole and powerful poses are also implemented too!

That's about all I got for Kira's Supergirl so in the meantime, why not check out all the other photos I picked out!









Photo by EMCP

Photo by Edward Fotography

Kira seems to have a passion for cosplaying as comic based characters, so you won't be disappointed by checking her work out down in the link below :D
https://www.instagram.com/xkirakelly/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?