Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Hannah in Wonderland's Mera!

Photo by Food & Cosplay

Just in time for the Aquaman movie premiering tomorrow, I've got an absolutely stunning Mera for you guys. Here's Hannah in Wonderland, a cosplayer from the UK who definitely has a connection to the water controlling queen. Having done Mera before, this version is more in line with the upcoming cinematic version. When comparing the two outfits, one thing that stands out is of course the color of the main suit. Usually, Mera is sporting a deep green hue but the movie went with a more turquoise shade with hints of green in there. Hannah's suit above has this mosaic like pattern throughout the whole suit and just looks phenomenal. There's also the Aquaman crest resting on her waist which looks super smooth and I love the curvature applied to this buckle.

Photo by Simba Portraits
I feel that Hannah's crown is also done with the same material as the buckle. Hannah's arms have little armor inserts done in curves too. Quickly heading down to her legs, you can see small armor bits done in a dark shade of green. I can't seem to tell but in that same area you have what looks to be small heels. The boots look like to have been created with the same pattern as the full suit. Some views of the cosplay certainly give off the vibe when I'm focused directly on them. Course that could be my eyes playing tricks on me!

I also really LOVE the hair here. The color is a damn good match to what Amber Heard has in the film as Mera. Of course Hannah knows her stuff in the posing department and just works it like she knows she has power over the ocean! Check out these other pics I grabbed!

Photo by Food & Cosplay




Having already cosplayed as Starfire, Hannah's a girl after my own heart so you all should DEFINITELY check out her cosplays. She's so sweet too :D
https://www.instagram.com/hannah_in.wonderland/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?