Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Pretzl Cosplay's Valkyrie Pidgeot!

Photo by Marc Chaslin

The year is drawing to a close but that's not stopping me from sharing some truly epic cosplays for you guys. Today, I've got PretzlCosplay in some badass Valkyrie armor! The catch though is that this was designed around the bird Pokemon, Pidgeot! With that in mind, you can probably have an idea as to where the color scheme came from. For this cosplay, Pretzl has what looks to be a corset like black base which the breastplate rests upon. Traveling down is where the dress portion comes in which is made up of black sides and a centered portion of yellow and red. Here it almost looks tabard like to me. Some of the photos give hint to a cape/backside done with the same yellow as seen in the front.

Photo by Fantastic Photo People
Getting into the armor, Pretzl certainly has a lot going on! There's the previously mentioned breastplate which has various circular patterns and a symbol depicting Pidgeot centered up. Positioned also on the brace of the chest piece. I should note that all the armor pieces have a fur lining underneath them cause duh? IT'S JUST SO FREAKING COOL :D. The belt around the dress portion has hip armor which also have a symbol dead center. Here though, it looks like a different Pokemon is shown and I'm willing to bet it's either Pidgey or Pidgeotto. Mainly to give notice to the Pokemon's evolution line!

The belt also features a medium sized buckle which is straight up shaped like a Poke Ball. Pretzl's small shoulder pieces have wing designs on the front and back of them. You can also see the same line pattern with circles in-between them throughout all of the armor pieces. This helps with consistency! I also love the way the winged patterns were done :D. The bracers have this sharp angle/point to them. For the helm, she's got a faceplate that is traditional in what to expect of a Valkyrie. I'm talking wings extending off the sides like crazy which are also beautifully sculpted! Hanging down from her hair are extensions in red to symbolize the streaks that Pidgeot has in-game.

Photo by Miradel

The photos are really something else you guys. Pretzl went out to a gorgeous forest area and got some really incredible shots in with her photographers. Some of them like the photo above have just excellent lighting and the way she looks is just something straight out of a fantasy movie. Seriously take a look at the others I picked out down below!

Photo by Frank Lavooij

Photo by Steamfox

PretzlCosplay is such a talented bean and I've so far have been enjoying her content on Instagram! Please be sure to check out her Patreon and other links you'll find there, one individual you won't regret following :D
https://www.patreon.com/pretzlcosplay
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?