Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Alex Cosplays' Froppy!

Photo by ManaKnight Cosplay

It makes me ever so happy to see many cosplayers I follow shout out equally talented and wonderful individuals in the cosplay world. That's exactly where Alex Cosplays came from when I found her work. Several of her cosplays stem from the My Hero Academia side so I definitely wanted to pick her Froppy to share for you all today. Yes she's a character cosplayed as a lot I feel but with all the Dekus and All Mights, it's good to get some variety in there you know? What you'll also see is a bikini version of Froppy that Alex most likely debuted at Colossalcon. First though we'll talk about the standard suit.  As a whole, the suit was made by Brandon Gilbert who has done many suit prints for cosplayers over the years. The blend of light green really works well with the black stripes traveling down the whole suit from the top.

Photo by Adam Lee
The suit really fits well to Alex's figure. It's really though the many accessories she has rocking. The goggles are mainly gold/bronze in its color and definitely has a shine to it. The eye holes are done with a resin like material in green. Alex's wig is long in the front and back in addition to the almost turquoise like shade of green. The gloves are white with wrist cuffs also done in white with a green rectangle placed on top of it. The cuffs definitely have a volume to them. Towards the bottom of Alex's suit, boot sleeves come in with black and yellow tripes going down.

For the actual feet, they're definitely frog like with the webbed look. Wrapped around her waist loosely, is a white belt with green circles around it. A similar strap can be seen wrapped around her chest. The material looks to be the same as the wrist cuffs. The swimsuit version is mainly a one piece suit with the same print and wig. Regardless, both cosplays are incredibly awesome. Plus, Alex Cosplays does an amazing job in the posing department and looks like she has a blast wearing both versions! Check out these other pics!

Photo by Marc Overcash Photography

Photo by OOC Photography

Photo by The Azur

Alex Cosplays is such a cutie and as such, I've provided a link to her Patreon so you can support her work or view her other links if you so wish :D
https://www.patreon.com/alex_cos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?