Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Product Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Retro Jacket by Hero Within!


I've certainly enjoyed my previous purchases from Apparel company Hero Within so when I was heard they landed licensing rights to Marvel themed products, I was certainly piqued. If you know me at all, I'm mostly a DC Comics biased guy but one Marvel property I certainly loved was the Guardians of the Galaxy. Star Lord, Rocket and the gang are pretty interesting and likable characters for sure! I had an idea that the guys over at HW would somewhat focus on items related to MCU specific characters, so just how were the Guardians going to pop up? Enter in the GotG themed Retro Jacket that I finally received last week after pre-ordering at NYCC in October! I was incredibly excited to wear this and oh man does it fit like a glove. It's definitely has that retro style with its smooth yet rough texture all around the jacket.

The cuffs and trim along the bottom are done in a different fabric style with super thin stripes around them. There's an interesting strap that wraps around the neck and snaps in place up in that area. Most likely to increase the warm feeling you can have when wearing this. What's also viewable is a breast-pocket and a small black label with "Guardians" printed in white. You can also see a pattern etched into the back and sleeves. Honestly the jacket could be perfect for a Star-Lord cosplay. I definitely felt that I looked like Chris Pratt while wearing this <3.

The inside of the jacket is where things get pretty. It's lined with a beautiful galaxy print and the movie logo as well. There's also a few pockets on the inside and on the normal areas outside as well. Some snap straps can be seen on the back. Definitely has that retro/90s vibe and I love it so much! Check out these other pics!






This is yet another piece from the Hero Within catalog that fans of the property will surely love. There's also other pieces such as a Black Panther car coat, and an Avengers jacket! Check out these guys at the link down below!
https://herowithinstore.com/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank You to the following peeps for Supporting this Blog on Patreon <3
Shaylin
Chris
Noah
Coralea Jade
OhMySophii
Katyuska Moonfox
Mink the Satyr

What's Popular?