Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Jenna Lynn Meowri and her MAGFest Lineup!

Photo by A.M. Visuals

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

It's no secret that I have incredibly strong feelings for super sweetheart Jenna Lynn Meowri as of late. Or pretty much the moment I started following her work, yea let's go with that! At this past MAGFest, Jenna went and debuted some brand new cosplays that I just had to share for you all. So there's a double feature for today! For the video game centered convention, Jenna wore her Jessie (Pokemon) and Vault Dweller (Fallout 4) cosplays. Both of which were absolutely fantastic and I just couldn't choose one hence the double dose for today! Starting with her Jessie from Team Rocket, Jenna is rocking the famous outfit that the character has had since literally Day 1 of the anime airing. Latex is the main material makeup for most of the cosplay!

Photo by Caelum Photography
Specifically, the cosplay has a white crop top that's on top of a black under-piece. The white top is adorned with the R symbol from Team Rocket. Also, the top has an insert down at the bottom. A small white skirt makes up the bottom portion. There's also long black gloves/sleeves part of the cosplay as well. The wig is of an insanely deep shade of red and long in length. While it doesn't fully match Jessie's true hairdo, honestly it works. Plus the original hairstyle is nuts in nature XD.

Jenna mentions in the shots that she's wearing some kind of mesh suit because of how cold it was during the con. Basically that's why you see no belly button! I'm simply in awe of how beautiful Jenna looks in this, she works it in every shot! Course I'm not stopping with Jessie, there's also her Vault Dweller! Much like Byndo Gehk's I shared last week,  Jenna's version is done in the same style. A full blue suit with golden stripes throughout. Jenna however adds some slight sex appeal with the slightly opened jacket in some pics.


Plus the suit fits nicely around Jenna's figure. Many more materials and weapons can be seen in Jenna's Vault Dweller cosplay. These include various pouches, a small blaster, and straps with armor pieces on top. A short black wig is perfect for the cosplay! PLUS, Jenna goes above and beyond with adding weathering details to not just the cosplay itself but her face in terms of makeup. A pip-boy is seen on one of her arms much like Byndo's. I really loved all the extra details Jenna added in, and have a feeling she enjoyed wearing this a lot! Unlike Jessie, I imagine this cosplay kept Jenna warmer hahaha. I totally would want Jenna on my side if I was in the Fallout world!


Photo by A.M. Visuals



Photo by Caelum Photography

Jenna Lynn Meowri has become one of my all time favorite ladies in such a short amount of time. Knowing I'm gonna be able spend lots of time with her at Katsucon has me so incredibly excited. Like gosh this lady makes me so happy <3. Check her out at the following links below!
https://www.facebook.com/JennaLynnMeowri
https://twitter.com/JennaLynnMeowri
https://www.instagram.com/jennalynnmeowri/

What's Popular?