Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Iricia's Orochimaru!

Photo by Ample Fire Photography

My amazing friend League of Larcy has helped out tremendously in directing me to brand new cosplayers to share for you all! One such lady is Iricia and her awesome Orochimaru cosplay from Naruto that she created/wore not that long ago. Coming from the Naruto series, Orochimaru was definitely one of those characters who freaked me the hell out when he first debuted. Do you guys remember his main arc when he fought the 3rd Hokage all those years ago? Legit I felt terrified. Iricia here does a phenomenal job with this version of the character. Mainly it's one most fans of the series are familiar with. This version of the Snake jutsu user is a pretty basic outfit with a tan piece of clothing that's over what looks to be a black bodysuit. The sleeves are visible along with her neckline. Around Iricia's waist is one key part to Orochimaru's look. That being the odd purple contraption that bends around in weird ways like a pretzel. Puffy fabric looks to be its main material!


Photo by Felix Wong
I should probably mention also that large snake prop she's carrying around huh? Representing one of the many snakes Orochimaru summons for assistance, I'm pretty dang amazed at how it was constructed. First glance for me and I notice the soft textures. As you travel up to the head, the lines etched in I feel give you even more textures to work with. Another guess I have is that wiring was used to help the snake keep it's round/bendy shape. The purple and black colors stand out strong when placed next to Iricia's overal pale look with the clothing and her makeup.

Speaking of which, the makeup is absolutely incredible. Iricia is covered in full white kabuki like paint. The eyes are of that creepy yellow shade which strongly resemble a snake. If you were to see the character in motion, it's easy to see how much Orochimaru loves snakes XD. The photos have a bright sunny background when they were taken. I'm incredibly thankful Larcy gave me some amazing individuals to share, I hope you guys enjoy the other shots!

Photo by Ample Fire Photography




Be sure to check out Iricia's page on Instagram! She'll also be at Katsucon in a few weeks so maybe I'll get to run into her? :D

What's Popular?