Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Pixelpantz Cosplay as Invincible!

Photo by Pixelpantz Cosplay

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

I truly adore Pixelpantz Cosplay and the kind of work she's been putting out into her cosplays. Once again, she teamed up with Zach Fischer to create another World of Warcraft based design on yet another infamous mount. This one I vaguely remember from my time playing the MMO so I had to look it up to be sure. The Invincible is a rare mount drop from doing the 25 man version of the Icecrown Citadel Raid from the Lich King expansion. That definitely rang some memory bells in my head since that raid I definitely remember doing. As a whole there's a solid variety in material types here, from the leather corset to the foam and worbla used in the armor construction. Zach didn't pull any punches as usual with his designs so Pixelpantz certainly had a rough go in creating it. In the shots that aren't edited for a spooky effect, the color scheme for Invincible is actually silver and gold.


Photo by Eminence Rain
In addition to the bright colors, there's also that icy blue mixed in with grey. The breastplate is an interesting design with a skull added in for good measure plus bones around the bottom section. Almost like a ribcage effect! Black fur is used for the underside of pretty much every armor piece. Oh! Did I forget to mention the wings that come out of Pixel's back? These were done with a beautiful black and blue fabric. Most likely dyed in order to get that gradient effect. Of course, being an undead mount means some tattered-ness so the wings have several holes torn into them. The helmet looks dang epic with both teeth coming out of the sides plus the dark grey horns at the top.

Pixelpantz is rocking an epic big wig that looks to be done in a single ponytail. The leg armor has some serious sculpting done as do the pauldrons on her shoulders. She has an incredible wealth of talent and cosplay skills so I'm beyond in love with this outfit as a whole even if she feels like it could have went better. YA DID GOOD PIXELPANTZ <3. Take a look at the photos below for more awesomeness!

Photo by Julius Photography

Photo by Pixelpantz Cosplay

If you want to see more of Pixelpantz's work, her FB and Patreon pages are your best bets. I'd more than happily recommend supporting her on the latter platform, it results in both comfy/cute cosplays and outfits like Invincible!

What's Popular?