Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Azumii as Yrel!

Photo by ThinkNu

Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

We've just about entered December and I'm still working my way through some amazing Blizzcon cosplays! Next up is my wonderful friend Azumii who several of you are probably familiar with before. Simply due to past write ups on her. For the con, Azumii went on over to the Alliance side and cosplayed as Yrel of the Draenei. Specifically in the Paladin class, Vindicator Yrel served as one of the main protagonists in the Warlords of Draenor expansion pack. Similar to other Paladins in this race, Azumii is decked out in yellow/silver armor which look to be placed on top of a black bodysuit as a base. Foam and worbla look to be the main elements of its construction here guys. The chest-piece has several yellow pieces extending outward like a ray of light. At the center is a dark red stone that is possibly done in resin.


Photo by David Ngo
In addition to all the armor pieces, Azumii is wielding a giant hammer that is very thin in its hilt. I've definitely seen that version in my own experiences playing World of Warcraft. Some of the photos make the purple part look like some gigantic hulking mass. If that was the case, I don't think Azumii would have been able to wield it as easily as she does. The texture of the material used helps in giving it a crystal like appearance. Possibly held in place by glue or velcro straps. Again, this is all just a guess!

She didn't stop there, and went all out with the body paint. Not to mention the white wig is small and looks incredibly cute on her. Blue tentacles can be seen coming out from behind the wig on the inside. They easily rest on her collarbone area. In addition to that, they look to be done in the same fashion as the goat horns sticking from the outside of the wig. Silver plating can be seen near the lower base of each horn. The shots taken of Azumii do a phenomenal job of showing off the cosplay as a whole. Plus I added in a cheeky boudoir shot for you guys :D. Azumii is such a talented lady and I hope you all enjoy this cosplay as much as I have <3.

Photo by Boyfriend Cosplay & Photography

Photo by Eurobeat Kasumi Photography

Photo by Jason Freeman Photography

I implore you guys to check out Azumii's work if you haven't yet. She's an energetic ball of awesomeness and watching her create new cosplays is always exciting!

What's Popular?