Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

STRUCK FIRST: Andy Rae Cosplay as a Necromancer!



Struck First gives you a first look at a cosplay just as it's been debuted/had its first photoshoot. Cosplayers have been kind enough to let me have a first crack at analyzing the cosplay by providing me with brand new pictures.

Looking at my blog folders, only two more BlizzCon cosplays remain in my quest to cover ones that honestly have me all pumped up and excited. However, those remaining cosplays don't have enough photos for me to write about. With that being said, this may be the final BlizzCon cosplay my blog covers for a little while. What better way to cap both the coverage, and the end of the year with one of my all time favorite ladies, Andy Rae. For the convention, she decided to tackle the Diablo franchise with the Necromancer class. You might not expect members of this class to be uhhh somewhat skimpy in its clothing. That in no way doesn't derail how badass Andy looks. Her Necromancer consists of a bright red bra top and red leggings that seem to have that leather/latex look to them.


Photo by David Ngo
Focusing back on the upper area, Andy is sporting a very high leather jacket. It's somewhat hard to see with the feathery shoulder pieces covering them up. Slightly near them are shoulder armor pieces that look to be placed on top of them. Both of Andy's sleeves are drastically different from one another. One of which is completely bare save for a bracer of sorts with armor bearing a dark color scheme. The other arm is fully covered with a glove and armor for her fingers. To me that gives off a Vincent Valentine kind of vibe.

The armored up arm is the same color scheme as the bracer on Andy's other arm. Traveling down the cosplay, she's got a small knapsack on her belt with a skull in the middle as its buckle. Andy's pants transfer from red to black as you get towards her legs. That's where the armor makes a repeat appearance with the leg portion looking extreme up near the top. A red gem is placed inside of it. Up at the top, Andy has a long white wig with a necklace and black choker. Prop wise, she's wielding what I can only say is a fitting weapon for the Necromancer. The scythe is surprisingly short from others I've seen before. No doubt probably built that way for easy transportation.


The scythe's construction looks incredibly clean and makes Andy look all the more menacing. The slight sex appeal aside, overall I love how Andy Rae looks in this cosplay and it just reaffirms HOW FREAKING BAD I NEED TO MEET THIS SWEETHEART <3. Enjoy the other pics I managed to find!


In closing, you guys should be following Andy Rae on FB and Twitch (she streams so often!) if you aren't already. I also want to sincerely thank everyone for the love and support you've shown me and this blog for this year. I managed to come up with new post types and collaborate with members of the cosplay world. For 2018 I hope to grow more as a write and collaborate on a much more frequent level <3. I also launched a Patreon last week that so far has been met with positivity, I hope to keep that running with enough exclusive content for as long as I can. Thank you everyone so so much :). I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a rad New Year's!
https://www.facebook.com/andyraecosplay/
https://www.twitch.tv/andyraecosplay

What's Popular?