Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Catherine Rose Cosplay's Camilla!

Photo by PK SnapSnap

I'm always going to show off gorgeous Camilla cosplays from Fire Emblem since I'm heavily infatuated by everyone's favorite big sister. This time around I have Catherine Rose Cosplay who I actually did see at this past Katsucon. Multiple times in fact but of course I had no idea who she was at that time. It's unclear if she had made it before that convention or if Katsu 2017 was the debut year for it. Whatever the case is, Catherine looked INCREDIBLE! As per usual with most Camilla cosplays I've seen, this is the character's default look seen in Fire Emblem Fates. Mainly black and gold make up the color scheme with a healthy dose of dark purple and that gorgeous lavender hair. The armor work looks incredibly clean and Catherine rocks every part of it. It looks like purple gloves were worn for comfort while the gauntlets and armor in that area are placed on top of it. The breastplate has the gold stripes placed throughout all of the black.

After the breastplate comes the insanity that is the leg armor. Again, purple stockings/high socks look to be the base that the golden pieces are placed on top of. Near the beginning of this part is a small gold belt that's lowered and draping a see through purple fabric. I have to admit, Catherine's thigh game is strong here guys <3. The leg armor travels all the way through the feet. I'm curious if she had to walk somewhat slow because those golden parts on the legs sure look bulky!

Trust me I didn't forget about the giant battle axe that Catherine is wielding. As I'm writing this post, I'm staring at my Camilla statue and holy smokes is the weapon a dead on recreation! A light blue hilt with the end pommel and the axe blade itself look superb. Catherine must have a tremendous amount of love for the character to be this spot on. The purple wig is long and gorgeous, with perfect styling to cover one eye as seen most times in the game. Topping it all off is a small black crown with horns. Aside from the drape I mentioned earlier, other pieces of fabric include the cape that's seen over her shoulder. The yellow/gold trim looks incredible in one of the shots I picked out for you guys. The strap alongside her chest is pressed in which helps in that area looking uhhh, authentic to the character? Sure I'll go with that wording :3.

Photo by PK SnapSnap

Catherine Rose did an amazing job on this cosplay overall and I hope you guys feel the same amount of excitement and fangirling as I did in looking at these pics. Next year at Katsucon, I'm definitely looking forward to meeting this cutie for SURE <3.

Photo by PK SnapSnap




This cosplay should be enough to check out Catherine's FB page! More Fire Emblem characters are on the horizon for her as are other characters done like ones from Phoenix Wright! :D

What's Popular?