Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Why She's my Favorite: Danielle Beaulieu


I wasn't expecting to have the kind of friendship that I have now with Danielle Beaulieu. Discovering her amazing work a few years back has led me to of course feature her countless times. To a point where even she noticed them and knew me as the "guy who writes about her from time to time". I wasn't expecting her to do amazingly sweet things for me after we met for the first time at PAX East 2 years ago (I think?). If you haven't seen Danielle Beaulieu's work before, holy smokes are you guys missing out. Danielle is one of the most dedicated and passionate individuals I have ever met in cosplay period. Whether it's making intense builds based off of franchises she loves, or ruining childhood characters in hilarious troll cosplays, Danielle is always leaving me with a smile on my face.

During the time I was dealing with my Anon harasser on here and online, Danielle stepped in and reassured me that I was loved and cared about by a multitude of others in the cosplay world. This eventually culminated in me receiving a package earlier this year from her and several other cosplayers who knew me from my online profiles and my blog. Basically a smorgageboard of prints awaited me and I am pretty sure I cried for a couple minutes over this sweetness. She's also been incredibly supportive of my own cosplays and my continuing adventures with Lightning Palace.

Photo by Jeremiah Seymour
The characters she's cosplayed as cover a huge range. WoW characters, League champions, Nightwing, Pokemon gijinkas, and a whole lot of Final Fantasy babes. There's just something about Danielle that makes me fangirl with such delight and I definitely don't see myself stop supporting what she does. Her Patreon is one of the best I've been a part of and one that some cosplayers try to model off of for best results. Her being able to cosplay as a full time job is one thing that I feel she deserves to do so much. I can only imagine how her days go, just in her house slaving away at whatever cosplay is taking priority.

One of her upcoming cosplays that she just debuted has me squealing in total excitement. In closing, Danielle Beaulieu is one of the most kind and hard working ladies I've met in a long time. Seeing her have the success and opportunities given is a huge inspiration for me especially in my current situation with finding work where I can live off of and enjoy. I wish I could see her at more cons in a year but you can only do so much you know? I selected some pretty rad pics of her that I just wanted to share with you guys so you can see how much of a badass Danielle is <3.

Photo by Eminence Rain
Photo by Jeremiah Seymour







Trust me I could have added many more pictures but I think it's good for you guys to see more of Danielle's work for yourself <3. Please by all means go visit the following links for more amazing creations :)

What's Popular?