Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Ireland Reid's Mileena!



If there's one thing I can attribute to Ireland Reid, it's that she really puts her all into her cosplays. I imagine literal blood, sweat, and tears go into her recent builds. Her cosplay I have today exemplifies that mindset. Done as one of her cosplays for Patreon, Ireland touts her Mileena from Mortal Kombat X as 100% accurate down to the the details and sewing. Having known Ireland for awhile, I have no doubt that what she claims as true. Everyone's favorite sexy ninja with the messed up face is seen in her iconic deep pink suit with ample amounts of revealing skin. From the chest area down towards the lower area, Ireland's outfit is all one piece aside from the face cover to the pieces on her legs and arms. Along her upper arms are small bands done in black with a gold trim along the edges and sides. The arm coverings go a long way traveling up past her elbows. Black fabric ends these pieces with gold trim. Upon closer looks, it looks like a thicker leather/vinyl like material was used for the black. Her face mask also has a black trim design that resembles fangs. It actually looks like this is raised a little to give a 3D appearance.

The gold trim on her arm pieces travel all the way down right to her knuckles. Going further down introduces garter like pieces with a fishnet in the middle. Surrounding it are black pieces similar to what's on the face mask. The leg pieces are done in a very similar fashion to her arm covers. Gold trim traveling down up the middle with pink surrounding it. Aside from intense builds, Ireland has one of the most devoted body figures I've ever seen. Being my fitness inspiration, she works to the bone and really has Mileena's sexual appeal and fit physique down to a T.

The jet black wig and yellow contacts really add a fierceness to the whole cosplay. The one piece suit has an intricate design with criss cross pieces along her stomach and wrapping around her backside. Prop wise, Ireland is dual wielding sais with a fierce look in her eyes. I admire Ireland as a whole so so much and she once again proves how much she puts into her cosplays. I tried to gather as many pictures as I could so I hope you'll all be in awe of Mileena here <3






All Photos taken by Carlos G Photography!

I can't recommend Ireland Reid's work enough for you guys. Links to her FB and Patreon are down below in which you won't be disappointed by what they offer <3.
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialIrelandReid
https://www.patreon.com/irelandreid

What's Popular?