Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Holly Lauryn's McCree!

Photo by Photogruzzi

Overwatch is the prime example for cosplayers going absolutely nuts over. As such, I have another genderbend of McCree as done by the super cute Holly Lauryn! This Aussie was someone I was introduced to by one of my amazing friends also from the same area. Holly's version of McCree is pretty similar to other interpretations in terms of outfit setup. The breastplate is mainly a half crop top with long brown pants and a single armor piece on one of her legs. The chest piece is done in a dark gold color with silver accent lines along each segmented piece. In addition to that, there's a small red jacket that's worn slightly over it. There's also the BAMF buckle that's placed in the middle of a thinly black belt. A gauntlet can be seen on one of her arms with a single plain glove on the other. I imagine Worbla and foam were used as materials for some of these pieces.

Photo by Mumei
I love how solid the boots look though I hope they were comfortable to walk in. The gun prop is also impressive to look at as well. A double barrel revolver I feel is the right classification of it. Holly's rocking a long and beautiful brown wig which is covered by a standard cowboy hat. The cosplay is topped off by a long red scarf which Holly is wearing off to one side. The hat is also adorned by by small piece done in gold. Holly's definitely working it in the posing department. Giving off some pretty sassy looks. Most likely she's pissed about her teammates not getting on the payload.

Holly did a fantastic job on this cosplay and I'm glad to have gotten the chance to discover her. I do hope you all enjoy the other pictures I have to share :D.






Photo by Mumei
Photo by Mumei

Definitely check out Holly Lauryn's page if you get the chance! McCree's not the only stellar cosplay she's created!

What's Popular?