Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Aerilaya Cosplay's Tarnyang!

Photo by GooJunky Photography

Alongside Jaycee Cosplay at Katsucon this year, her best friend/wife Aerilaya wore a few cosplays to match with her! One of which (unless it was the only matching one) was Tanyang from Queen's Blade alongside Jaycee's Sigui! I instantly fell in love with the finished outfit as photos started popping up. Particularly with the shiny red fabric that makes up the entirety of the cosplay. It almost has a kimono like design in some parts plus the sleeves look crazy long which allow for some fun things to happen to them in some of the pictures I have to share for you guys. Throughout the cosplay, Aerilaya has gold trim going on with some of the edges. Specifically with the belt, and the drape near the bottom. The nature of the outfit's design results in some cheeky shots which I imagine is perfect considering Queen's Blade overall fan-service nature (from what I've seen and heard of anyways).

Photo by GooJunky Photography
Other elements to the cosplay include a short blade that strapped to Aerilaya's back side via rope which is attached with some buckles. There's also small red shoes with a slight heel to them and of course the wig. The wig is probably the other stand out piece to Tarnyang with it's deep forest green color and the flower attached via a headband. I love how her contacts look in this cosplay too! The red color really pops in some of the pics which have a close up of her face. With Katsucon's gorgeous scenery, the pictures pretty much tell it all.

Aerilaya certainly knows how to pose and does a fantastic job bringing the character to life. Not to mention of course duo photos with Jaycee were taken! I do hope you guys enjoy what I have to share for this cosplay. I still haven't met Aerilaya but hopefully that'll change later this year perhaps?





Photo by GooJunky Photography
Photo by U.V. Photography
Photo by U.V. Photography

Aerilaya has done some fantastic cosplay work overall for herself in addition to being instrumental with some of Jaycee's outfits! I promise you all won't be disappointed <3

What's Popular?