Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Costumes By Zonbi include Junkrat!



If you haven't been watching TV lately, SyFy just ended a successful (to me anyways) first season of Cosplay Melee. Think of it as the cosplay version of cooking shows like Chopped or even Face Off for that matter. Each episode had a central theme and a fantastic selection of cosplayers who competed for the grand prize. So much that I wanted to look at some of these creators and show off a few of their previous outfits. Enter Zonbi who was a contestant on the episode's Sci-Fi themed episode. Rather than share her creation from that episode though, why not take a look at her genderbend of Junkrat from Overwatch? For the crazy pyro, Zonbi really captured his deranged personality in her facial expressions. Zonbi's Junkrat consists of a small top that's dirtied up and weathered as if it were found in a junkyard. Pretty fitting don't you think?

Slightly above the top is a harness that's surrounded by canisters which are most likely the explosives Junkrat uses in the game. A sort of wrap can be seen on Zonbi's lower torso area before getting into the pants. Those are more so a mix and match on both legs. Dark green pants with decorations such as a smiley face logo, red patch, and mechanisms on the right leg which look like a form of armor. The kneecap there looks to be protruding out something in the same material as Zonbi's gauntlet. The other leg is left barren with a cloth piece.

Much like her legs, the arms are also completely different from each other. The gauntlet I mentioned is bright orange in color with some rad aging effects. EVA Foam looks to have been the material used to create it. A single yellow glove and wrist piece adorn the other arm. Zonbi's wig is actually insane and is true to the character. The highlight piece of this cosplay has to be the tire strapped on her back which is a main weapon/staple to Junkrat. I do not think it's an actual tire as that would have been difficult to carry around XD. The detailing is impressive as the front is painted yellow with a piece missing and showing off what the underside would look like. Chains and spikes circle around this weapon as well. The industrial like back drop is too perfect for the cosplay as well, not to mention Zonbi's makeup job is fantastic! I really hope you all enjoy the other photos I grabbed to share :D




All Photos by ACCosplay!

Definitely go check out Zonbi's work if you haven't already! Many more costumes by her that are truly astounding :D

What's Popular?