Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Keith Zen of Keabtium!

Photo by Tested
One thing I love about cosplay is how it can bring people together. Creating lifelong friendships and relationships with people who share common interests. Or just plain geeking out with one another. Today, I want to highlight the other half of a well known cosplay power couple. Keith Zen, who you guys may know if you follow his partner Abby Dark Star, has done some pretty badass cosplays to coincide with some of Abby's outfits. When I look at some of the outfits, I can totally see Keith's gruff personality and how it fits to some of the characters he's cosplayed. For example, in the picture above, Keith is cosplaying as Ash from the Evil Dead series (famously played by Bruce Campbell) and Abby is seen as a Deadite who I believe is one of the main monster species in the movie/show. The makeup with the battle damage is absolutely amazing and I can really see how in character Keith gets.


Other characters in Keith's arsenal include Punisher, Kreiger from Archer, Slade's appearance in Arrow and even Tony Stark. Each of these cosplays take on a variety of appearances for Keith. Whether rocking a full on beard or not, the photos taken are pretty rad. For Slade Wilson, the outfit is what's worn in the island days when he and Oliver first met. Rather than the traditional Deathstroke uniform comic fans have come to know/love. The heavy duty jacket is shown mainly in the picture I have for you guys, but rest assured the full shot is pretty spot on. I love the scarf placement!

One of Keith's fun cosplays is that of Dr. Krieger from Archer. Abby cosplayed alongside him as his holographic anime wife, and the photos show her manipulated to look like a real holographic. I don't watch the show but those who do will most likely get a huge kick out of it. The lab coat and hair style is spot on from the very little I've seen in terms of trailers and show clips. Then there's Tony Stark partnered with Abby as Black Widow in a series of pics that some fans would enjoy if they ship the 2 as a couple. Keith no doubt has a love for cosplay and both of them help out with each other's cosplays I imagine. Take a look at the other pictures I have for you guys!

Photo by Maze Studio 
Photo by Maze Studio 
Photo by Maze Studio 
Definitely head on over to Keith's page if you want to see more pictures of what he's worked on. Not to mention occasional topic pieces on issues in the cosplay community and all that! I've had the pleasure of meeting Abby this year and hope to do the same for Keith one day. Both are such awesome people from what I've heard and again, are definitely a power couple :D.

What's Popular?