Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Danielle Vedovelli's Chun-Li!


I've been meaning to do a feature on Brazilian cosplayer Danielle Vedovelli. She's done a variety of gorgeous outfits and I'm just completely entranced by overall appearance. Her alternate Chun Li cosplay which she made a year ago was one that stood out to me. The outfit as a whole complimented her figure very well and I just loved the detailing. Chun Li's outfit here is more so a re-skin of her classic look. A one piece suit that has tabard like elements with it draping down between her legs. The black and yellow color scheme gives off a rather elegant vibe. The gold accents travel down the chest area and fill out all the trim. In addition to the fabric parts, Danielle has a belt wrapped around her stomach/torso. Matching with the cosplay, it's of a gold color and red string is seen in the center. This forms a knot of sorts and is left hanging down towards the tabard piece.


Danielle also has Chun Li's signature spike bracelets on her wrists. The band is white and the spikes are gold naturally. Most likely foam was used in its construction or possibly another material. The cosplay is designed in such a way that Danielle's thighs are featured prominently, which hence earned Chun Li nickname's such as "thunder thighs" or various jokes/humor based around how she could crush a male with them. Danielle herself is a martial artist so I feel like her cosplaying Chun Li is a perfect fit. Plus, her thighs are also impressive, similar to how the character looks! White flats with a golden trim around the insert serve as Danielle's footwear.

The posing mimics Chun Li's signature styles plus I absolutely love the setting that this was shot on. It very much has that tranquil Japanese look and some of the shots are superbly flattering on Danielle. One of my favorite shots has to be the close up of her as she's mid kick. The makeup is beautiful and I'm kinda in love with Danielle's face <3. I think that Danielle used her natural hair which is also perfect in this case. Small braids can be seen coming down her face. Some of these shots are worthy of being a background to either your desktop or phone. Enjoy the photos guys!




All Photos by Eve Zel!

Be sure to check out Danielle's FB page if you haven't yet. She's a super fan of the Flash so that also makes me adore her even more. Some of her other cosplays include Jessica Rabbit, Tifa Lockhart, Morrigan Aensland, and many more! You won't be disappointed!

What's Popular?