Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Mink the Satyr's Sailor Flareon!


If cosplay has allowed one thing, it's that anything is fair game when it comes to mashing up franchises together. Most of the time the end result is spectacular and will leave people wondering why it can't be an actual in-canon thing. For today, I've got a pretty stellar mashup from an absolutely wonderful cosplayer who goes by the name of Mink the Satyr. The outfit in question is combining Eeveelutions from Pokemon and the magical girls of Sailor Moon. As you can see in the title and image above, Mink created Sailor Flareon. Similar in color scheme to Sailor Mars, Mink's Flareon consists of bright red along with inserts of yellow throughout. As tradition to the Sailor Senshis, the bow is of a light cream shade of yellow and is centered on the sailor fuku. The gem in the center is of a bright red shade along with being in the shape of a heart.

The skirt that extends off the outfit is of a much deeper shade of red. Mink also has just about the cutest ears which look to be made of fleece material and stuffed up. One thing I really love in this cosplay is the wig. It parts in the middle with the sides being red and the middle being blonde. Mink's makeup is also pretty stellar and I just love the lipstick. Red high boots round out the rest of the cosplay and the photos are just so beautiful. I believe Mink had this done along with several other cosplayers for a full on Sailor Eeveelution group.

There really isn't too much else to say about this cosplay. Mink did a fabulous job as a whole and the fuku turned out amazing. It's also spot on to how the Sailor Moon characters look in general. There's also the giant tail coming out of Mink's backside which is so big and fluffy!! I apologize if this seemed like a short write up but I do sincerely love this cosplay. I also apologize for not many pics as well but I hope you guys enjoy them :)




Photo by Vander Photography

All other photos by ChezPhoto!

Definitely check out Mink's FB page if you haven't yet. Not only does she cosplay super cute characters, but she also takes commissions for making kigurumis and other adorable nerdy items!

What's Popular?