Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Purelight Cosplay's Bunny Tracer!

Photo by Theorem Productions
I've mentioned in a previous Feature how Overwatch has quickly taken the gaming community by storm. From dozens of memes to just about all the odd "ship" pairings you could make with the characters. Overwatch and its colorful collection of characters also make them prime targets for mash ups with dozens of other pop culture elements/icons. One such combination is what I have to share with you today. I can't remember if this was part of a group but the ever so beautiful Purelight Cosplay went and created a Playboy Bunny Suit version of Tracer. Course, the end result is nothing short of amazing. The outfit consists of Tracers signature leggings and a brown corset that wraps around and down towards her lower areas. There's also the addition of a white collar with an orange bow tie. Tracer's goggles can also be seen worn by Purelight as well as the pulsating circle that's in the center.


Photo by Theorem Productions
The circle is attached onto a white piece which in turn, is placed on the dead center of the corset! The boots and cuffs are both of a bright shine of white. The cuffs themselves are designed to have one part mimic the shape of Tracer's guns (at least that's what I believe they look like). The bunny ears are seen at the top with a white outline and orange inserts. The wig is also spot on and a gorgeous shade of brown. Getting back to the cuffs on her arms, they look to be comfortable to wear, especially the insides so my best guess would be foam was used in its construction. Pose wise, Purelight looks absolutely gorgeous with several shots showing off the booty. This of course referencing the ridiculous (in my opinion) controversy that the character came under fire for having one pose be "too sexual".

In any case, I love how Purelight is just owning the character in the photos. The editing adds in a blue filter of sorts and the first shot also includes blurring in reference to Tracer's ability of moving in a flash from place to place! I instantly fell in love with this cosplay when photos started popping up so hopefully you guys will too!

Photo by Peter Wang Photography
Photo by Theorem Productions

Purelight has been doing some absolutely stellar stuff. Especially with how confident she looks body wise. In addition to this Tracer, she's also done a super cute bikini version (that she made by the way), dozens of Starfires and other gorgeous cosplays. She's definitely someone I hope to meet one day so please check out her work! You won't be disappointed :)

What's Popular?