Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Kadu=Out Cosplay's Dark Magician!

Photo by Psinu Photography
There were a couple of TCG's that were going pretty strong when I was growing up. Magic the Gathering wasn't my thing until I had maybe about a year or 2 of being into it then that fell through. Being a kid my age had Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh being at the forefront of what you could play. Since Pokemon at the time was too difficult to understand for me, I went with the latter. Coupled with the anime going on at the time (along with it's totally rad theme song), Yu-Gi-Oh saw a pretty good rise in popularity. Nowadays you see some cosplay of it here and there, mainly of some of it's more popular heroes. Dark Magician being one of them which I'm happy to share with you all for today! Kadu=Out made a pretty stellar version of the character awhile back and I just had to share it! It looks like this is the design for the famed magic user from the movie Dark Side of Dimensions!

Photo by Psinu Photography
The outfit itself consists of a long cloak/suit with various armor pieces throughout. The color scheme is more on the darker end of blue. This is different from the bright purple most are used to seeing on the US version of the card and show. The armor pieces show a dark blue as a base with the various lines a white/blue shade. The head piece looks to be several pieces with the shoulders being a part of it in one area. From the looks of the pics, I'd wager that EVA foam was mainly used in its construction. Plus the armor looks incredibly smooth! There's also Dark Magician's signature staff which looks quite tall.

The staff just about reaches Kadu's shoulders when standing and also has a small ball inside the cup section at the top.  Unless the ball has LED's inside, the glow it shows was most likely done in post photo editing. The curvatures in the helm and staff look so amazing and on point for Yugi's favorite monster. Kadu also has a darkened blue skin and a white wig which greatly contrasts with the rest of the outfit. Definitely a stand out! The fabric parts show a tabard like part down the bottom towards the middle.

The end result pics are really something else, I can tell Kadu had a lot of fun wearing the cosplay! Hopefully you guys can see it as well with the remaining photos I have to share, enjoy! :D

Photo by Rudi B. Photography 
Photo by Kings Photos

I definitely recommend you guys check out Kadu=Out's FB page if you haven't after you read through. His most recent cosplay was Lucio from the ever so popular Overwatch! Other cosplays include several league characters like Lucien, Zoro from One Piece and many more!
https://www.facebook.com/Kaduout

What's Popular?