Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Maul Cosplay's Punished Snake!


Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain essentially brought the entire franchise to a close as Hideo Kojima pieced together the last remaining gaps in the storyline. Specifically with the life of Big Boss and his slow transformation into the iconic villain we all came to know in the games that succeeded it (according to the timeline that is). Many cosplayers took to creating some of the stellar outfits whether it was Quiet's interesting get up, to Ocelot's cowboy inspired uniform. One cosplayer however went to some incredible lengths in replicating Big Boss' signature look in TPP. Maul Cosplay is who I have for today and his Punished Snake is jaw dropping incredible. Almost as if the shots were pulled straight from the game, Maul did some truly impressive work in creating Snake's default outfit seen as you go on missions in the Middle East. The cosplay itself is a heavy duty combat uniform with a wide afghan of sorts covering his shoulders near his neck.


 The camouflage and pouches are completely weathered up to showcase that authentic look as if Maul's already been in some rough situations prior to this shoot. The makeup is stellar with the scars really captured on his face in addition to the eye patch. I can't actually tell if the hair is real or not. The exposed arm also has makeup to replicate bruising, dirt and scrapes. The prosthetic arm that you get in the beginning of the game is also matched perfectly. Material wise, it could have been done with a plethora of options given with how far cosplayers have come in utilizing what's presented to them.

Maul also has a black section on this arm with the Diamond Dogs logo patched on. The myriad of pouches that cover the cosplay can make it a bit crazy to look at, but in a good way! If that wasn't enough, all these shots are in landscape format and rally look beautiful. The setting in which this was shot in looks like an actual desert, or at least environment from the game itself. Plus various actual wolves were used, from the pup in one shot, to the fully grown animal in another. I really do love these photos and Maul's Punished Snake as a whole. This is what made me a fan of his stellar work and I hope you all can agree!




All Photos by eosAndy!

I highly recommend you check out Maul's FB page for more incredible outfits. Ranging from Geralt of Witcher fame to the actual Dark Sith Lord with his namesake. You won't be disappointed! :D

What's Popular?