Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: Rachel Nycole's Black Lady!

Photo by Riamux Creations
When I first started seeing pictures of Rachel Nycole's Black Lady drop on her page, my mouth was pretty much wide open. I mean just look at the picture above, if that doesn't scream elegant and sexy to you then I'm not sure what to tell you. Rachel decided to take a crack at Chibi Moon's evil alter-ego seen in one of the earlier Sailor Moon seasons. The end result is one of the most beautiful cosplays I've seen by her. Not to mention also some of the most gorgeous photos from a set that I've seen too! Black Lady consists of a long elegant see through red robe over a black top of sorts. From the more sexier shots there's also a corset and garters along the lower parts of the outfits. A super cute black/red bra can be seen here also. Black cuffs with silver studs are seen on her wrists too!

Photo by FlameKuma
Similarly to the red robe, Rachel has deep purple fabric pieces hanging on her arms near her wrists. They really compliment the color scheme of Black Lady as a whole! The wig is superbly on point with the twin pigtail horns and long bangs traveling down Rachel's figure. The upside down moon crescent on her forehead can also be seen too. I love the makeup Rachel has on too, gives off that seductive feel!

Of course, you can't have Black Lady or pretty much any Chibi Moon variant without the trusty sidekick Luna P! The futuristic cat ball is accurate to the shoe with the eyes and facial expression. The antenna sticking out at the top is a cute touch too! It's unclear whether or not this was made or Rachel bought this at some earlier point but regardless, it's a stellar addition to an otherwise gorgeous cosplay! As I mentioned in the beginning, the photos are unbelievable, you can tell Rachel completely gets into character in the other photos I picked out for you guys. She's just such a sweetheart online when I talk to her too! I hope you guys enjoy the photos!

Photo by Ellen Zu
Photo by Photosassin
Photo by Photosassin

Please go check out Rachel's cosplay page on FB if you haven't yet. I promise you will not be disappointed! She just recently made and shot a Suicide Squad Harley cosplay and it looks incredible <3

What's Popular?