Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Feature: LynnX Cosplay's KH Cloud!

Photo by Coslife
If you haven't realized that Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are my automatic go to franchises to write cosplay features on by now, then shame on you for not realizing that XD. My awesome buddy Lynn (who you might remember from my previous feature and interview), went and cosplayed Cloud's ultimate emo vibe design from the first KH game. Demon wing and pauldron included, I fell in love with this cosplay once pictures started turning up. You'll notice that in the pics, there's a slight variation that Lynn took mainly with the different types of pants she wears. My only guess is that this had to do with how the weather was when she wore it. Cloud's design here features call backs to his original FF7 look, mainly with the pauldron and the purple top. The use of foam for the former part is present here too!

Photo by Shutterfoo
The cape is wrapped around Lynn's neck and covers up one side of her body. That along with the golden gauntlet are references to fellow FF7 character Vincent Valentine. As for the wing popping out of her back, that most likely symbolizes the kind of relationship Cloud shares with main antagonist Sephiroth (who also appears in Kingdom Hearts as an extra boss). The wing is hard for me to determine in terms of what it was made of. Some angles make it look like cardboard, though it could be foam. I imagine the material being light enough for Lynn to have on her back for long periods of time!

Cloud's signature Buster Sword is much smaller here than seen in the game. Again it looks like foam was used in it's construction but I could arguably be wrong. The sword is wrapped up fully in white bandages and colored/shaded beautifully. Brown boots make up the foot wear and Lynn's wig is styled perfectly here as well! In traditional Nomura fashion, there's too many belts one would need on Lynn's pants. One arm is also decorated in bracelets that resemble the gear FF7 gives you with slots for Materia. Overall yes I fangirled pretty hard at this cosplay. Plus the photos are just too epic for words. Check them out below!

Photo by Shutterfoo 
Photo by Shutterfoo
I can't recommend checking out Lynn's FB page or Instagram enough. She makes some truly awesome outfits. Whether it's tributes to her anime husbando Sasuke, or cosplaying alongside her friend Karlibra (she wore Sephiroth along with Lynn's Cloud!), Lynn has a love for what she cosplays as, AND I STILL NEED TO MEET HER AND KARLI ONE DAY ;-;.
https://www.facebook.com/lynnxcosplay
https://www.instagram.com/xlosuh/

What's Popular?