Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: Oki-Cospi's Mera!!

Photo by Cosplayers Canada
It's apparent to how quickly Oki-Cospi has become one of my favorites. She's just the cutest and all of her cosplays generally cause a giant grin to appear on my face. You better believe that with my own cosplay plans for NYCC this year, I had to feature Oki's Mera for today. I had known she did the Bombshell version which you'll see below, but I just about fangirled when I saw that she did Mera's New 52 outfit as well. As such, I wanted to talk about both of these incredibly attractive outfits for you guys! Starting off with the New 52 Outfit, Oki has her signature green one piece suit decorated with scales for the design. Not so much skin revealed except the chest and all which is a staple for Mera's design (seriously go read one of Aquaman's recent comics, you'll see what I mean). It definitely adds a little bit more to how incredible Alyson looks as Mera.

Photo by Eddie B. Photos
I'm completely in love with the wig she got for Mera. The perfect shade of red with curls all around traveling down the side. Mera's crown is also shown here and painted perfectly with gold. If I were to guess, either Worbla or foam was used for this. Course I say that about most armor pieces I see (IT'S ALL I KNOW). That's pretty much it for the New 52 design. The photos of it are gorgeous and I love the fish tank serving as the background for some of them. Alyson's figure looks incredible as well in the suit!

Moving on to the Bombshell look, Mera is sporting an outfit inspired by the 40s/50s which is what this style mainly focuses on. A small white sailor's cap decorated with an "M" insignia which is also seen on her belt! Similar in fashion to Aquaman's emblem on his belt. The green suit is almost like a one piece bathing suit with its design/patterning also matching with her shoes.

Alyson's cuteness levels in this outfit is just CRAZY! Around the main piece is what looks like a towel, and of course you have bracers seen on both of her arms.The wig looks to be the same as what was used on the New 52 outfit too! The poses for this outfit are just super sweet especially the one with Alyson blowing a kiss, MY HEART FLUTTERS <3. There's also a round circle and necklace seen on the upper areas of the suit. I pretty much love everything about Oki-Cospi's Mera and this just makes me hope I get to meet her one day :D. Enjoy the pictures guys!

Photo by C. B. Lindsey
Photo by Cosplayers Canada
Photo by Cosplayers Canada
Photo by Eddie B. Photos
I highly recommend you guys go check out Oki-Cospi's FB page. Her outfits are just amazing plus the progress she's been making on her Nova cosplay is insane. I'M FEATURING IT, TOO LATE! Sorry not sorry XD. She also has done a Tifa cosplay for Dragon*Con! Go check her out! :D

What's Popular?