Skip to main content

Latest Podcast Episode

Featured

Shutting One Door, Keeping others Open

UPDATED ON 8/20/21: Facebook, Patreon and Blog IG pages have been shutdown/discontinued As the COVID pandemic rages on and cons are even shutting down into 2021, it got me thinking on a drive home one night about how I'd feel with even coming back to blogging. When cons eventually do come back at some point. Truth be told, many of the posts and content I shared here could be transferred over to more discussions via my podcast CosplayBytes. I've been blogging my love for games, cons and cosplay for 7 years now and maybe it's time to say goodbye for now? My podcast has gotten me some incredible opportunities as a member of Press for conventions, and the rapid love I've had for streaming is also taking up a lot of time now. On top of multiple personal things on my end, I don't think I have the energy to keep this up even post COVID you know? The very first cosplay centered post I wrote was on Jessica Nigri's Deadpool, and since then it's spawned over 800 posts

Cosplay Showcase: FakeNerdBoy makes some Badass Outfits!

Photo by Dave Yang Photography
I'm giving you all something a little different for today! If there's one cosplayer that's got my eye in terms of how awesome his cosplays are, it's Ryan or as he goes online as FakeNerdBoy. I couldn't find one outfit that had multiple photoshoot like shots taken so instead, I've gathered up several that can give you a pretty good idea as to how talented he is. Most of the cosplays you'll see here are armor based such as his Advanced Warfare outfit you see above. There's another shot you'll see below that shows the full scope of it. All I'll say is that it's insanely intricate and incredibly well made! All of the cosplays you see were done with the combination of Worbla and EVA Foam.

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography
Ryan's Death Knight cosplay was done for Katsucon this year which I touched upon in my write up of that con very briefly. Done alongside Jessica Nigri, the sheer amount of work that went into this was astonishing. I love the dark blue/black color scheme along with the occasional grey seen for the spikes. The shoulder pieces have got to be my favorite part as they just look massive. The white wig Ryan is sporting is a simple small cut yet perfect for the Death Knight characters you see in World of Warcraft!

One of Ryan's earlier cosplays was a gender-bend of Officer Vi from League of Legends. Here, a vest is shown as the main piece. Him dying his hair pink was a great choice since I'm unaware if there are short pink wigs (probably are XD). Of course though the stand out pieces are Vi's famous gauntlets. They have that steampunk/industrial look with the color scheme and added in rust details. I definitely admire the passion that Ryan has for each of his outfits since they always come out superb.

Photo by Beethy Photography
Lastly, his Armored Joker was a bit more simpler when you compare it to the other outfits I talked about. Though I love the colors of those armored pieces a lot more. The green and purple work so well together which makes me appreciate Joker's design more. The purple scarf is also a great touch and Ryan's makeup is spot on. The face he makes in the above photo is beyond perfect! Enjoy the other pictures I grabbed for you guys ^_^.

Photo by JwaiDesign Photography 
Photo by Martin Wong
Definitely check out Ryan's other cosplay work over on his Facebook Page! I'm really looking forward to his Samurai Jolteon which looks like to be debuted alongside Jessica's Punk Jolteon that she's been working on! :D

What's Popular?